Post Match: Spurs v Liverpool (EPL 28/1/21 8pm)

I forgot to tell you guys…

He does our games too!!!

3 Likes

Very good display and an important win. Hope returns.

Mentality impressive as we overcome so much adversity. Even today Fabinho being ruled out, then Matip not coming out second half, then the VAR overturn… but we kept going and got our reward.

I’m reluctant to see past Man City as Champions, but so long as we keep applying ourselves, I don’t see anyone else who is better than even a depleted Liverpool side.

3 Likes

Anybody found what’s happened to @Alright_Now

3 Likes

At fucking last. Normal service resumed just like that. Weird fucking game, football, isn’t it. Nice to have a rainy, slick pitch and we looked so much better knocking it about and we played them off the park. Not much else to say really thanks to @cynicaloldgit except for concern about Matip.

Not sure what the update on him is but I reckon he’s done a knee. If you have a look at the collision with Kane he had, Kane falls on him with Matip’s left knee hyperextending slightly as his heel is caught in the turf. Looked innocuous at full speed but I clearly thought ,‘fuck it, that’s his knee gone’ when I saw the replay. Will be waiting anxiously on the update but if it is a knee and even if it’s not quite a bad as Virgil’s or Joe’s then it’s at least 6 weeks out I fear. I really think we need to get a CB in the next few days.

5 Likes

Yep but still didn’t mention Diers holding which for me leads to the miss control, at least give the foul if not the goal.

5 Likes

I thought we had an excellent second half, some very good play throughout, VAR was right on Mane, It was a foul when the ball was handled but yeah Bobby was being held, we were far better throughout and I think we nullified their gameplan in the second half.

Phillips filled in well, forget about Matip and just hope Fabinho is back soon.

Anyhow it was needed and hopefully it now means a return to how well we know, TAA was excellent.

5 Likes

Our improvement after TAA scored was out of this world!

3 Likes

I know he is leaving, but damn we gonna regret letting gini go… that engine, that tenacity…

9 Likes

He’s alright, pardon the pun.

@Maria was in touch with him.

5 Likes

I was seething in real-time that it was not given as a foul.

1 Like

Cheers mate

1 Like

I think he was hiding under the bed and his mother inlaw came to stay. He’s now stuck under the bed.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for the review. Couldn’t manage midnight games due to work in the morning. Tried my best to get up at 1.30 AM and now it’s 3.30 AM. Back to bed with joy knowing the result. Have to watch the replay but one thing stood out from your commentary is lot of passing between Mane and Salah… Thats great progress and will literally take is places. Back to bed. Good night guys!!!

2 Likes

I’m starting to suspect he writes it before full time

2 Likes

Yes Dier holding prevented Firmino from turning so Firmino had to come back the other way.

4 Likes

Nothing.

If anything my love for you has grown over the last few months

it shows how great a sacrifice I am willing to make

4 Likes

United lost
Liverpool won
COVID vaccine
Trump gone

Sanity is returning.

15 Likes

Atkinson will never pass up an opportunity to fuck us.

7 Likes

Nothing lucky about that win, there was only one team in it, Spurs were lucky to get away with 3-1. Very good performance, well done lads.

9 Likes

Don’t be silly. He bribes the officials to give him at least 5 minutes stoppage time, before his buddies Zuckerberg and Gates install a miniscule block on the post match thread. Just long enough for him to sneak in first. @cynicaloldgit is of course one of the top 1%…

That sounds far more plausible to me.

2 Likes