Post match: Spurs v Liverpool (EPL 6/11/22 4.30pm)

He opened his mouth i think thats enough of a reason.

4 Likes

Along with dodo brain

Whats really pissing me off is the Sky narrative they would be better without the injuries no mention whats so ever about Diaz and Jota.

5 Likes

Konate is showing the kind of unflappable resilience that I want to see in a centre back. Salah looked the sharpest Iā€™ve seen him all year and Nunez is half genius, half lunatic.

Thatā€™s my MotM nominations. I thought that a hard fought draw would have been respectable before the match so a win with our backs to the wall seems satisfying.

8 Likes

A great three points but we donā€™t half make things difficult for ourselves. Giving the ball away continually when trying to defend a lead. We really are desperate for a couple of midfielders who can run all game and keep the ball. A great first half hour then a struggle for the rest of the game.

2 Likes

Coz we donā€™t matterā€¦its only LFCā€¦weā€™ve had more injuriesā€¦but theyā€™re not interested.

3 Likes

Although he didnā€™t get my votes, itā€™s probably my favourite Darwin game just because on the whole he made really smart decisions, plus wasnt caught offside 100 times. That pass to Salah would have been a blast at goal after a pivot two months ago. Finally starting to play the team game. You can see that with how hard heā€™s working defensively as well.

7 Likes

Posted at 19:2419:24

ā€˜Really happy to win away in the Premier Leagueā€™

FT: Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to BBC Match of the Day:

"The win meant a lot today. I just let out a deep sigh. Massive game for us. Really really good first half and then a difficult second half. Tottenham takes all the risks when they are losing in the second half.

"Itā€™s a super intensive season. Because itā€™s a while that we won an away game, we canā€™t just think that everything will be fine. We know we have to fight. Itā€™s big for us. Two wins in a row, yes in different competitions.

"Southampton is our next league game and that is massive for us. We were really good so yes, letā€™s carry on.

"I donā€™t think we have a massive problem away from home. Yes Anfield is a huge plus for us. We won away games just in the Champions League. Iā€™m really happy that we could tick the box of winning an away game in the Premier League.

On matchwinner Mo Salah being just three goals away from Kenny Dalglish in Liverpoolā€™s top goal scorers of all-time list: ā€œKenny Dalglish, Robbie Fowler, they probably had times where they didnā€™t score. Mo will not stop, he is in the top eight scorers for Liverpool and he will not stop. When you look at Moā€™s stats, goals and assists, itā€™s insane. For us he is always important and he proved that today with two massive goals.ā€

Posted at 19:2819:28

ā€˜A big passionā€™

FT: Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports, says: "We played an extremely good first half and in the second we put in a shift and did really well.

"We just kept fighting, it was a big passion. In the first half we were the better side and scored two wonderful goals. Itā€™s a long time ago since we won away in the Premier League so it was relief at the end.

ā€œYou need to learn winning again and thatā€™s how it starts, with massive resistance. It was clear they would come back but we came through it and itā€™s all good.ā€

5 Likes

Mo, Konate and Harvey for me.

1 Like

Unfortunately itā€™s his legs that are genius and his brain that is lunatic.

1 Like

Well, at least itā€™s that way round. No amount of genius brain will save lunatic legs for a footballer.

2 Likes

Always good to beat Spurs

ā€¦and Darwin didnt chin anyone so progress there.

1 Like
5 Likes

I honesty thought weā€™d get a third when Spurs started to throw the kitchen sink at us, but not to be. We did have the opportunities though. I suspect Mo is a little disappointed not to get a hattrick this evening.

Konate my MotM followed by Nunez and Mo in no articular order. Got to admit I do enjoy watching Nunez. I guess thereā€™s something in the Uruguayan water. give me some!!

4 Likes

You ask, I deliver

4 Likes

Iā€™m willing to accept that Nunez will make poor decisions, play poor passes, show a lack of composure etc.
Heā€™s got so much power and pace that thereā€™s a good chance that another opportunity to assist or score will come along especially as he putting in such a good shift.
Defenders will hate playing against him.

3 Likes

They would have to get a second before a third. :grinning:

1 Like

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Massive result, we finally gain some ground on top 4. Performance was scrappy and ugly but ultimately good enough and thatā€™s what matters. Something to build on.

Konate was phenomenal, Nunez assisted, defended, threatened and was a total pain in the neck while Salah put them away. 170 goals for him. Fabinho is starting to show some signs of life as well. Suprised to see negative remarks about TAA. Heā€™s had much worse games defensively than this and they were targeting both him and Robertson. He had some difficult times but overall he was decent.

2 Likes

The second half, and especially the final 30 minutes was a performance of a team desperate to get something positive under their belt to start believing in themselves again. Spurs turned up the tempo well, but so much of that was self-inflicted. Now they got over the line, hopefully they will take something from that and with the Southampton game get the break on enough a high that we can rebound once the world cup is over.

First half I was a bit surprised by how well we played. On paper theirs is a midfield that looks pretty difficult to play against and I thought we did well. It wasnt until we started giving them the ball they really started to take control of the game.

Our coverage was obsessed with their injury issues. Yet again it is an example of injuries only being acknowledged once it forces you to disrupt your starting XI rather than measuring it in absolute terms.

3 Likes