Post Match: Villa v Liverpool (EPL 26/12/22 5.30pm)

Player of the match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Joel MATIP
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • FABINHO
  • Thiago ALCANTARA
  • Jordan HENDERSON
  • Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Darwin NUNEZ
  • Naby KEITA
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Stefan BAJCETIC
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Ben DOAK

0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Tsimikas, Carvalho, Phillips

:arrows_counterclockwise: 66’ Harvey ELLIOTT :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Naby KEITA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 66’ Naby KEITA :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Tiago ALCANTARA

:arrows_counterclockwise: 79’ Stefan BAJCETIC :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Jordan HENDERSON

:arrows_counterclockwise: 79’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD

:arrows_counterclockwise: 88’ Ben DOAK :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Darwin NUNEZ

:soccer: 5’ Mohamed SALAH (Assist Andrew ROBERTSON)

:soccer: 37’ Virgil VAN DIJK (Assist Mohamed SALAH)

:soccer: 81’ Stefan BAJCETIC (Assist Darwin NUNEZ)

1 Like

3 points

Happy Christmas Reds

8 Likes

Great result although Klopp needs to give them a dressing down for coming out the second half with the complacency which plagued the first half of the season.

Subs were key.

Nunez had a hand in everything good, he’s an absolute monster. Just needs to practice his shooting and the world needs to worry.

7 Likes

What a way to kick off the second part of this season. Great result, and three great goals to go with it! :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Great result very much a deserved result, performance was fine for the most part.

Very happy for Bajcetic, lovely bit of composure and quality to finish that off.

Nunez as lively as ever, he’s the reason why you pay a ticket.

5 Likes

Take that all day!

2 Likes

Looked good in attack. No better in defense than we did against City. Need to improve that. Fortunate three points.

1 Like

Nunez revelling in chaos that no one else understands
Fire This Is Fine GIF

6 Likes

Great win, lost our way a bit start of the second half but Jurgen made the right subs to rectify this and we won comfortably in the end. Darwin Nunez man of the match created havoc all game and assisted.:heart::heart:

Onwards and upwards.

2 Likes

He is already my youngest’s favourite player. Mind you, he is only seven and also called Stefan.

2 Likes

Good game. Away in the Prem, need to expect to be on the back foot at times. Got two in the first half, could’ve been more with better finishing. But we also gave a few chances to Villa, so was important to start the second half well.

But Villa came out hard instead, and their goal was on the cards for a good 10 minutes before they scored. Klopp then looked to the bench to freshen things up and get some legs on the pitch. Ox did decent to hold shape wide left in the first half, but as expected, faded harshly at the start of the second.
Bajcetic with a smart composed finish o settle the nerves. Matip was outstanding at the back. Physical with Watkins, and as always, smooth on the ball.

Darwin missing a hatful of chances, but you can see the problems he causes the opposition. One good thing is that he doesn’t let his head drop after a miss, and just carries on.

2 Likes

The speed of Nunez and the mobility of Bajcetic. Bellingham who?

This. He offers a constant outlet and a threat. He creates space and chances for others.

6 Likes

Excellent first half, poor 20 in the second, we fought back though and got hold of it after the subs.

I don’t think it was a poor as it has been as some are making out, I do feel we let them back into it rather than them forcing their way back in. A bit wasteful both Salah and Nunez but put it eithier side of Olsen and the game would have been done much earlier than Bajectic’s goal.

I thought VVD had one of his best games this season, not saying much but he spotted the danger a fair few times.

Great result, but my heart was in my mouth for a large part of the start of the second half. Villa threw everything at us. Luckily Virg and Joel were on their game today. Happy to take the three points and look forward to Leicester on Friday. :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Kids were excellent.

Darwin is a beast. He’s going to score a ton of goals.

Big Virg MOTM for me. Didn’t put a foot wrong.

4 Likes