Post Match: Villa v Liverpool (EPL 4/10/20 7.15pm)

I meant the performance and our reaction to it.

Of course nothing is settled in the league.

2 Likes

Pathetic performance. Adrian was a nightmare, Keita,Trent and Gomez were all very poor as was Fabinho ( who looks so slow). Firminho has looked poor for a while now. Very few who can avoid massive critism. I thought we could struggle to make top 4 this season and this perfomance proves it. We can and will do better but there was no sharpness or confidence about tonights display.I do not think Keita will ever make it in the PL and would like to see us keep Grujic to add a bit more bite to our midfield.

1 Like

Somehow, sometime, somewhere I feel Brendan will work this into one of his pressers in an attempt to put an asterisk on 6 - 1 Stoke City.

3 Likes

After four games?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose.

3 Likes

I know that all of us are upset, but this quote from Twitter is gold

United were embarrassed and Liverpool really said you’ll never walk alone.

4 Likes

Fucking bollocks this league is

1 Like

Well, that was a strange combination of a sloppy display from us, personal mistakes from Adrian and several other players, incredible luck for Villa on their goalscoring chances in the first half, and also on their fifth goal.

But the worst and strangest was our second half display after the 5-2. No reaction, no fight and conceding two other poor goals, as well as countless chances which could have made it 10 or more for Villa.

The bad thing is that you can’t just shrug it off and go to the next game, hoping that it will get better. As it is, we have a turd in goal for the next weeks (hopefully not next months), a defence which is made of crisps, an incoherent midfield and a stuttering attacking line.

We have also players falling like flies due to Covid-19. Who knows how many will get ill still, and how much it weighs on the players’ minds currently?

Then, there is the complete lack of reaction. Villa had sussed out our high line and yet, our lads continued with it. This is something which can’t be corrected in a few days, it’s arrogance and stupidity at the same time. Humility needs to be drummed into them again, with the whip if needed.

I don’t know where we go from here. A BIG reaction is needed after this humiliation. But is this team able to do that? F°©∆ knows…

3 Likes

There goes our goal difference

Minamino and Keita need to show their worth to play in a Champion team… Minamino hasn’t done much since coming to our club… Too early but I have said this before - he is a busy player with one touch play and may be playing with Thiago might help him a bit but he is nothing near special… Glad he cost only 8 million…International break came at the right time. Mane and Allison back…

I read a good word elsewhere… Humble… We are moving away from what made us great, too much ego, too much arrogance which leads to laziness and lack of concentration.

A strong 2 weeks of rediscovering our humility is needed.

13 Likes

I sort of agree but at least two of those came off turnovers or poor marking. I can’t remember the third for some reason.

1 Like

Shameful.

I think I’ll read a book and hibernate til the England game that’s probably the only thing that removes us from the news.

We were found out today. The rest of the teams are doing exactly that for the rest of the season if we dont change fast.

Have you been eating those mushrooms again?

it was an off night, a really off night.

Officially willing to offer the services of the UbermickMobile to personally drive Adrian to the airport.

11 Likes

Luckily those horrible internationals for two weeks now so I can skip football and concentrate on golf mainly.

2 Likes

It’s not. They could have scored 7 even if none of those deflections went in. We were that bad.

3 Likes

This forum is only a few weeks old, but I have no hesitation in saying this will be the dumbest thing ever posted on it.

15 Likes

Give Gomez a free ride please… He has been terrible…

Adrian will be in goal for the Derby as well.

1 Like