Post match: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 16/10/21 12.30pm)

Looking at Watford’s run of fixtures, Ranieri won’t be there at Christmas.

1 Like

10 Likes

Milly doing his best vvd impression

That Bobby hattrick was so Linekeresque that even the man himself noted it.

So Bobby and Mo for MotM with my third vote going to Kellner who didn’t have that much to do but fills me with the greatest of confidence when doing it.

Frankly it was shooting fish in a barrel but I’ll take that. The next couple of games will be trickier.

5 Likes

For sure they will, but the athlete’s mind is the hardest piece of the puzzle to get right.

Fortunately all of ours seem to be in the right place at the moment.

We are brimming with confidence and I’m actually giddy at the thought of a fast start next weekend. We are that full of confidence and their defence is so shit…if we get on top early it could be a bloodbath.

1 Like

Top performance.

On to the next one…

And the most relieved guy today is… :rofl:

1 Like

So much quiet here when we win :joy:

5 Likes

Well, so much for warm up … when does the match start?

1 Like

I had noted that myself.

Kind of wouldn’t mind so much if it had been a routine 2-0 type but we played well when quite frankly we had been set up for a fall by the PL

2 Likes

Days like this.
Forget everything and know perfect is achievable.
Mo Salah is sublime. Pay him whatever it takes

2 Likes

@SBYM

Assuming that hand relief counts.

2 Likes

It counts.

2 Likes

Went with Salah and Bobby but also Naby, thought he got stuck in today and broke up play well.

Tsimkas also did that very well, he broke up play about 60 yards away from goal instead of committing something stupid around 30 yards out.

As for Watford, Raneri has a big job, I like him but I don’t think one player for Watford can give themselves more than 5, Foster perhaps but only due to those saves which were pretty routine.

3 Likes

Utterly dominant. Up till the 80th minute or so I can honestly cannot think of a more dominant one. The stats around that time was 17% possession and no shots on goal to Watford. I mean, it just doesn’t get any better than that. After all the hand wringing about injuries and late returns this was a very pleasant surprise. I really expected a tougher game.

4 Likes

Well I was thinking along more Teutonic lines….

Et tu Brute

Beautiful game; perfect for an early kick off. Mo was in the mood right form the off. FIrst 10 minutes he demostrated his strength and pace.

Everyone played their part, including the young keeper.

This is a football forum, so there is a need to have some gripe in a post. For me, it was allowing 80 minutes from MIlner. He is sorely needed against A Madrid, and I would’ve liked Neco to have replaced Trent with Ox coming on for Milner (Tsimikas is Andy Mark II, so I would have no issues with him starting midweek).

Just feel that Milner plays best when he plays once a week.

Comfortable as it comes. Overall a very good performance.

Isn’t Fab available against AM?