Post match: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 16/10/21 12.30pm)

Best small moment of the match:

Just before Andy comes off, he bursts down the left, then plays a diabolical hard hit ball meant for Sadio. Only it goes straight to a Watford player at pace.

However, Andy, remonstrates with Mane saying it was perfect, and he should’ve made the run to try to get the ball.

1 Like

Just to reply to the “quiet when we win” comments. I’m still sat in a bar in the sun. We’ve just won 5-0. It doesn’t matter that Citoil are winning. Life is good.

(and I’m getting p155ed.

:beer::wink::nerd_face:

8 Likes

He is. It’s just that A Madrid are the masters of the dark arts. That’s where the Ribena Man is needed.

2 Likes

9 Likes

There was a moment in today’s game when he just chopped someone down in the middle of the park and I thought that’s what we miss when he isn’t playing.

1 Like

You often hear managers bemoan the lack of swift movement of the ball. What they are looking for is what Liverpool had today. Fast, incisive, imaginative passing.

Then on the defensive side. Watford players couldn’t get on the ball without two of our boys converging to strip them of it. Almost 90 minutes of that.

The whole team just looked energetic and up for it.

Best, most complete, most “solid” performance I’ve seen from any side in a while.

7 Likes

An absolutely imperious display of possession football from us today , helped in big part by a team who just seemed content to let us have the ball. Seriously bad move on their part.

Apart from his wonder goal (again) , I’m struck by how just about every part of his game seems to have gone up another level this year. His passing and decision making in particular used to be a weak point for me but both were excellent again today. Best in the world atm ? Ask yourself who’s anywhere near doing what he does week in , week out.

3 Likes

Lots of positives to take from this game. A great all around team performance. Bobby back to form and a clever hat trick. Midfield looked a lot better. And another World Class goal from the Egyptian Prince as well as another top performance. The only thing I can find any negatives with is not making something of the ten plus corners that were all wasted. Two tough games on the road now.

I love roses, white roses, red roses, thorny roses, and fat roses.

A game devoid of stress, perfect.

1 Like

Shame on him! We all know Mo don’t pass.

Please excuse me while I rewind to watch Mane’s goal now…

1 Like

Watford put on the sort of performance that you see a lot of the also-rans turn in against City. Just laid down and died and hoped it wouldn’t be too painful. I bet Mo couldn’t believe his luck to be up against Danny Rose. Poor lad looked like he’s been sponsored by Pukka Pies.

I’m getting a strong 17/18 vibe from this team going forward. We create loads of chances and are scoring for fun. 27 goals in the last 8 games. I can see a few teams getting twatted by us this season but the next two games will be a much harder test of the defence.

7 Likes

Sorry to be a pain in the 455, but I’m in such a good mood that I had to post a piccy of my present location. Mrs CDO and myself have moved on to a cafe and are enjoying a mencháda?
COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Oops, that palm tree should be standing up. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I got back from Tenerife last night, a bit pissed off as usual after a nice break. Today’s result cheered me up though.

1 Like

What ina tree?

1 Like

More of the same, please for atletico madrid and Man United!

2 Likes

will post a shout out for the easiest hat trick ever for bobby

just disappointed that there wasn’t any no look goals

3 Likes

Mo is operating on an entirely different level than the rest of the world. He is King. Not just his goal which was world class, his assist to Mane on the first goal was otherworldly. Message to FSG: Blank cheque.

Incredible effort from the boys back to front. Absolute and total domination.

So incredibly excited for Bobby. What a spirit that boy has. I posted this back on TIA, but it beats repeating, Bobby plays the game like a man who has his entire life in it’s proper perspective.

I thought Naby was excellent today and I love when he takes the occasional pop at goal. He has it in his boots.

Matip again sensational, at both ends.

This is not at all a critique, because I love Hendo as if he were my own family, this more an observation. He hasn’t been very good this season. Works his tail off and is putting in a shift, but still lacking in sharpness in execution and his awareness seems a bit off.

7 Likes

New manger bounce? Dilly dilly silly Billy, got smashed by the team with Milly.

8 Likes

Very good…

2 Likes