Post match: Watford v Liverpool (EPL 16/10/21 12.30pm)

First game I’ve missed watching this season and it sounds like a cracker. Guess I’ll have to slumit with Match of the Day later :sob::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You realise that you now can’t watch any of our matches until we next lose.

3 Likes

But…but I watched all the others and we didn’t lose any!!

2 Likes

But you didn’t watch and we scored 5, therefore you are responsible, along with whoever started the match thread, the feller who was wearing his lucky undies and the bloke who ate five pickled eggs for breakfast

5 Likes

It’s done now. So sorry, take it on the chin and remember it’s for the greater good. We’ll remember your sacrifice after we do the treble this year and start a petition for you to be on the bus come parade day. Ta.

2 Likes

Who needs squad depth when you have Millie? :smiley:

5 Likes

Keita and Millie were offering great movement, as were Salah and Firmino. Them in yellow didn’t know where to look! :rofl:

2 Likes

Matip back to being excellent, how does he get his foot above his chest to control the ball perfectly?
I can’t get a foot above knee hieght (it’s ankle actually but I need to make myself feel better after seeing the athletism of Matip, he is taller than me).

2 Likes

Pure class from start to finish. Admittedly Watford looked a poor team but all you can do is beat what is in front of you and do it in style.MOTM would have been difficult without Mo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great day to be a Liverpool fan.

:red_circle: Aston Villa 1-2 LFC U18s
:red_circle: Watford 0-5 LFC
:red_circle: LFC U23s 3-0 Arsenal

9 Likes

According to my livescore app Paul Glatzel scored against Arsenal for the U23. That’s not true, right?

@Sweeting

It is, he has been injured so came back to get some game time. It’s not unusual, especially for local loans.

His loan hasn’t been cancelled (that I’m aware of).

4 Likes

Yes it is, tranmere had no game so with their permission we are allowed to play him.

3 Likes

Well, what can we say after a goal like that from Salah. … Van Dijk was my MotM, so glad he is back at his norman himself :+1:

Easy win like I said.

2 Likes

Just fell over the line then!
Salah unstoppable just now,and who was talking about selling Bobby?

1 Like

Good to see all our players so focused all game and all contributed to the fantastic win. Mo is just phenomenal at the moment best in the world.

2 Likes

5-0

3 points

No apparent significant injuries.

Lads were focused and composed.

Job done.

Biggest concern right now is that the Madrid club will go thuggish.

I enjoyed today’s match…

Dear FSG…Please focus on getting Mr. Salah a contract.

YNWA.

5 Likes

So other than the obvious masterclass put on by Salah, I thought it was nice to see VVD gliding out there again.
Him and Matip shut everything down without expending any energy what so ever it seemed.
Keita was a little rough giving balls away early, but really grew into the game and got better as it went on.
I hope that he can put in a performance against Athletico.

2 Likes

I’m rewatching the match right now and I think I want to change one of my MOTM votes.

Millie is a savage.

5 Likes

A professional performance against a team way off the pace. Any concerns about Sarr and/or a new manager was quickly put to bed which made my afternoon relatively stress free.
Whilst, I felt we handled and controlled the game well, there are still a couple of players that concern me. I appreciate that this maybe because of the high standards they have set over the years, but I find Robbo, Mane and Firmino (yeah, I know after scoring a hat-trick) at times frustrating.
I am not gonna go into as I prefer to focus on the positives.
MoM’s:
Milner, another champion performance. If I had a child and I had to refer them to someone who is an example of how to play the game of football, it would be Milner. Grounded, athletic, committed, intelligent a team player and a skill I respect, 2 footed. His assist for Bobby from his left foot was maybe a little heavy but it was the right option. so many times I see a player lack faith with their weaker foot and try to manipulate their body to suit.

VVD, look I rate Matip (who has had a strong start to the season) and Gomez but lets face it, I could play CB with VVD and look good and iv literally got no knees after numerous ACL’s. Just looks like a man amongst boys, a player who is completely aware of his ability and that is why he is so assured.

Mighty Mo, I don’t think i can reference a superlative that has not been used to describe him. Probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves from Liverpool fans/media but his statistics are there for all to see.
An amazing assist today for Mane and two goals of the season contenders in back to back games. He looks sharp and when Mighty Mo is sharp then he will cut down many a defence. Long may he be our Mighty Mo!

3 Likes