Post match: WBA v Liverpool (EPL 16/05/21 16:30)

People get frustrated, they just want the lads to win. Have a drink and enjoy the evening, the team that won the league in October lost tonight to the team who are rock bottom.

12 Likes

Chop chop

Before someone feels like becoming a hero…

3 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA

I am fucking crying!

17 Likes

Got to say this is bang on the button. Nat and Rhys are poor players at this level (LFC’s level). Nobody should be surprised at that.

Love the usual suspects rushing to point out our ‘luck’ in the disallowed goal. You must be gutted we won. Conveniently forgetting a player cannot block the line of vision of the goal keeper if he is in an offside position.

Also not every pass, shot, tackle will be executed to perfection.

Finally, it’s been tough for Klopp, really tough with all the injuries but thank goodness he is playing defenders in defence and midfielders in midfield. Little caveat, I was happy to have Fabinho as 4th choice defender if it meant getting Thiago. With our injured players back next season, new signings, full pre season I think the Thiago of Bayern will run the show next season.

Ps. People saying Sadio has to start producing? He’s produced his whole LFC career. Had a tough season this year granted but he’s been excellent. TAA is fantastic. Remember he had Covid. At this level that would have affected him. I remember getting my appendix out when I was 13. Took me 6 mths - 1yr to get my full fitness back. It felt like I was running in treacle at first. Long Ps I know.

7 Likes

Sadio’s production has fallen off terribly as the season progressed. But his commitment, desire, and work rate have remained elite game in and game out. He wears his heart in his sleeve, and seems to get in his own head to his detriment sometimes but there are very very few players I have ever enjoyed rooting for more.

2 Likes

We were lucky to have to chalked off considering Mike Dean’s awful performance but having seen the imagery it is off side.

Ironically with the Fabinho free kick I think the way Dean did that is fairer than the correct procedure. We were on the attack he blocks it, wouldn’t be fair to allow WBA to then boot it 40 yards back to our keeper would it.

They got at least two free kicks, and one they nearly got a header on due to falling over the ball, I doubt Sam would like to give his views on that.

5 Likes

Luck had nothing to do with it. It was offside, so they can all fuck off! Can you imagine the screams from fat Sam if we had scored a goal in similar circumstances?

6 Likes

What fat Sam says is unimportant and I do not hear it.

5 Likes

Hence me putting luck in quotes. The rush/desperation to highlight anything they think has gone our way when a decision is given makes me sick.

Did people who think the free kick was the reason for Mo’s goal see the move and finish? There was an awful lot of work to do to score that.

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Fat Sam is relevant because his thuggery and brand of football goes unnoticed by the refs. Go down at every contact, if the ref’s an idiot we’ll get maximum of those. Hoof it long and high no matter where the foul is, pray for some mistakes, rinse repeat. The strategy fails if you have a competent ref who isn’t having his whistle glued to his mouth.

4 Likes

I got a call 5 minutes before kick off that my 92 year grandfather passed away. Thank you Mr. Becker.

6 Likes

I hope that’s the last we ever see of chubby criminal Allardyce. His one trump card was escaping relegation and that’s gone, so why on earth would anyone employ him? Good riddance.

14 Likes

I wonder what the odds were on Becker scoring the winner, hope that goals injects some urgency into some of our lads for last 2 games, 2 wins and it will feel like we won a trophy.

2 Likes

The downside of that is, Sammy Lee needs another job.

1 Like

This is why we are in love w/our club.

I like how all the “experienced” frequent flyer posters on here were making fun of me and my prediction that the goal was coming. I never give on my club and tell our players to f*ck off.

Only error was who the Brazilian scorer was going to be.

6 Likes

I lost my grandma in the early hours of Sunday morning. Much love to you mate. Remember the good times.

13 Likes

Really sorry to hear that, mate. May he rest in peace.

4 Likes

My condolences to you and your family.

6 Likes

Thank you. My condolences to you.

1 Like

Appreciate that

2 Likes