Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (27/4/24 12.30pm)

Player of the Match
  • Alisson BECKER
  • Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD
  • Jarell QUANSAH
  • Virgil VAN DIJK
  • Andrew ROBERTSON
  • Wataru ENDO
  • Alexis MAC ALLISTER
  • Ryan GRAVENBERCH
  • Harvey ELLIOTT
  • Luis DIAZ
  • Cody GAKPO
  • Mohamed SALAH
  • Darwin NUĂ‘EZ
  • Joe GOMEZ
  • Dominic SZOBOSZLAI
0 voters

Unused subs: Kelleher, Konate, Szoboszlai, Jones, Tsimikas, Bajcetic

:arrows_counterclockwise: 78’ Mohamed SALAH :arrow_right: :arrow_left: luis DIAZ

:arrows_counterclockwise: 78’ Darwin NUÑEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Wataru ENDO

:arrows_counterclockwise: 78’ Joe GOMEZ :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Trent ALEXANDER-ARNOLD

:arrows_counterclockwise: 91’ Dominic SZOBOZLAI :arrow_right: :arrow_left: Jarrell QUANSAH

:arrows_counterclockwise: xx’ xxxxxxxxxxx :arrow_right: :arrow_left: xxxxxxxxxx

focus on top 4 now

So West Ham time wasted the game away, and were allowed to by the referee, despite the fact they had to win this one to stand a chance of qualifying for Europe?

1 Like

So sad to see it all ending like this… :weary:

Been too sloppy at the back all season…

It feels as though the lack of belief comes from the top down.

At least we did fight though, which makes a change. Diaz was out of energy a few minutes before he was taken off, but overall, it has the feeling of a season that’s fizzled out, not so much failure.

Rest, recuperate, go again.

3 Likes

It’s shocking. I don’t blame them for the tactic if the refereeing is going to permit it.

1 Like

Thrown away. Frustrating doesn’t cover it.

I don’t know what Salah is doing, but if he thinks he’s bigger than the club he can fuck off. He has done nothing for four games and is as culpable as anyone for the collapse. Out of order.

Gravenberch MOTM.

6 Likes

Meh.

The club need an explanation around why the referee blows his whistle to prevent Gakpo taking that ball. It wasn’t a free kick.

9 Likes

Can’t wait for the league to end.

2 Likes

taylor fucked up… ball was live

6 Likes

Title race was already gone so not fussed from that pov, but I did want to see a strong performance today. I feel like we really let ourselves down conceding that second equaliser. Absolute lapses in concentration across the park.

Agree with the frustrations re Salah’s whinging. I also cannot believe how a player of that calibre fucked up the simple ball through to Nunez on that counter attack. That would have been it.

Anyway, finally got a home game next week, albeit against a Spurs team that have goals in them. I’d leave Salah on the bench again tbh.

1 Like

PGMOL - “We acknowledge the error but we can’t allow childish mistakes”

Exact same explanation will be made after the Bayern Arsenal game.

3 Likes

I’d agree with those who think that Gakpo should just have hit it anyway. Force the issue to VAR.

6 Likes

Yeah, he should. But what the fuck is Taylor doing? The club need to demand an explanation

3 Likes

Thank you, Klopp for all the fond memories. There are plenty of questions on his subs.

Gakpo is good at LW but why leave him at CF?

Why is Harvey Elliott still on the pitch when he has done fuck all offensively or defensively?

Why is TAA taken off for Gomez?

Why is Diaz taken off when West Ham scored?

And the most basic thing in football is not done, play to the whistle and be alert and proactive. Gakpo wasn’t proactive when he should have put the ball into the net, our defence wasn’t alert for both of their goals.

This side is now shockingly reminiscent of Rodgers’ 14/15 side. Concede early, usually to set pieces, drop points when conceding late (often to set pieces), thus wasting a good hour or so of better play that demonstrated the capability to be a strong side.

With the current mentality, the denouement is likely to be similar to that 6-1 pasting by Stoke.

4 Likes