Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (EPL 31/1/21

James Corden did well as referee i thought.

17 Likes

I think that was @Iftikhar’s attempt to write something in 0.5 seconds the way @cynicaloldgit seems to do. :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Something in that second goal reminded me of Suarez
Salah vs West Ham or Suarez vs Newcastle: which is better?

7 Likes

Yes, I thought he was brilliant, so patient at the start where he was targetted then slowly openingup and tucking Antonio into his pocket. His shoulder to shoulder on the turn against Antonio who otherwise would have been free on goal was majestic.

11 Likes

Ehh!!!

1 Like

I’ll say Moss refereed that well.

Also that last 6 mins impressed me after they scored, instead of crapping the bed they just passed it around.

10 Likes

Excellent win. PAtience was key, and the first half was nothing much, but just like a boxer, we were probing.

Thought the first goal was excellent, but then the counter goal for hte second was sublime. Loved that our CB Henderson made a sprint and was the one just behind Mo in case he was needed.

Bobbybrining others into polay and gifting hte third for Gini was nice as well. Shame abou the goal conceded, with an unfortunate stretch and reach by Andy graing off his bonnet moved the ball awqay from Phillips into the path of the West Ham scorer.

Speaking of Phillips, he did well. Dominated in the air, and kept hings simple. West Ham tried to launch direct balls int he first half, but they couldn;t get past Phillips.

We need this run going into a long span of winning games.

2 Likes

I burst out with a rendition of ‘who ate all the pies’ the minute Sky stuck a camera on him.

The fat bastard :joy:

6 Likes

It felt like the Liverpool from last season has finally turned up. Salah seems to perform better when Mane and Firminho are not in the side.

Salah motm for taking his chances for once, and credit to Phillips as he didn’t put a foot wrong the whole game.

Loved the exchange between Milner and Klopp as he was being subbed, feels like we got our mojo back at last

1 Like

Ffs Robbo touched it on thats why Nat missed it

4 Likes

In English please. :smile:

2 Likes

Moss was blocking the camera. :rofl:

8 Likes

Another great performance, so many positives. Phillips and Henderson were dominant, Mo’s world class goals, Shaqiri’s first time pass and Thiago didn’t get booked.
Man of the match for me was Nat Phillips, because he deserved it after that performance.

9 Likes

Watching Mo’s post match interview, he is one charming man. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Very pleasing win. West Ham are no mugs and a solidly upper mid Prem team, but we went to their place with a shuffled pack and it was never in doubt. First half display now seems like feeling our way into the game, managing energy, and in the second half we upped it a level or two. That second goal was something else.

Nat Philipps my MOTM. That lad doesn’t look out of place.

Mo is world class and on another day he gets MOTM for a couple of lovely goals, but he gets so many plaudits - deservedly - so today he can get in line behind Philipps!

Well done you red men. Very good.

7 Likes

Anyone know why Roly Poly Moss wears one of those Sumo Wrestler Suits under his kit…?
No wonder he struggles getting about the pitch… :thinking:

4 Likes

Back to something like our ruthless best past 2 games.

Felt we completely dominated WHU, even throughout the goalless first half.

Mo again, the man again.

4 Likes

Well deserved win. Well ahead of them 2nd half. Nice to see smiles all around. Salah’s confidence is back. Wonder how many passes before the third goal.

2 Likes

If you just take his last 2 performances all he needs to do is speed it up to account for the intensity. He’s doing the right things just taking too much time over it. Definitely better than we we have seen from him in a long time. Nothing negative there. However I wouldn’t be surprised if we could find someone better and more consistent, like Mbappe.

4 Likes

I thought he was woeful, sorry but he seems scared of the ball at the times.

4 Likes