Post match: West Ham v Liverpool (EPL 31/1/21

Filth! Passing the ball into the net is just taking the piss. EPL my arse!

4 Likes

Plaudits all over the place in today’s game. Some very good performances and some brilliant ones. Mo obviously and Nat joint MOTM for me. I love that Molly was disappointed to come of but wasn’t sulking even before Mo’s goal. Jürgen has just said post match that it was a “very professional performance”. I think that just about covers it. Let’s keep these professional performances going and see where it takes us.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

13 Likes

Neville mentioning how Moyes will be lamenting that there were better than this and that they didn’t really play football.

Did it not occur to him that if he wanted them to be more expansive, he wouldn’t have parked the bus to begin with?

4 Likes

What like Gini?
He’s no physical monster however we have seen much worst from him. Today he looked like he wanted to be out there and did some good stuff both in attack and defense. Nothing wrong with that. So he’s not our best player, so what?

Yes, that’s one of the differences between top class players and championship players. I can’t remember who said it but I remember a coach saying that the championship players could do everything that the PL players could do but they just did it slower. Origi would be good for a relegation team like NewCastle but he isn’t even good enough for our bench right now. If we can sell him, we should do it.

7 Likes

Am I only one in here that noticed that Phillips was at fault for their goal? If it had been 0-0 and he had done that, there would be consternation and everyone would be saying we needed to buy a CB. He had a very good game apart from that yes.

He wasn’t really, it got a flick off Robertson which diverted it. It was unlucky.

Chamberlain could have done more to stop Dawson’s run though.

9 Likes

Sorry, but three plus years of Mane, Bobby and Salah at their best, and now a few games below par as a front three does not equate to your statement - I’d say you’re putting too much into the last recent games rather than the bigger picture.

Agree with you. West Ham do play passivley anyway, but today Moyes had them in the first half just defend and launch direct balls for Antonio or Soucek, and try to get set peices.

In the second half, we upped our game and they then had no answers.

3 Likes

I will have to look at the replay again but it looks to me that he should have made that header. He completely missed it.

He did but then again he prevented about 3 chances in the first half.

3 Likes

Yeah, and we used to hang Lovren out to dry for doing something like that. Now people are givning him MOTM. You must be joking.

1 Like

As already pointed out, the glaze off the top of Andy;s head caused theball to change direction, and as it was a slight glaze, the ball did not lose pace so there was nothing Nat could do.

3 Likes

I gave it to Mo, he did it in the last five minutes at 3-0.

I hung Lovern out to dry after Spurs in which he was dragged off.

What was wrong with his previous 85 mins? Lovern would have made about 5 or 6 mistakes in that time. It’s his 3rd or fourth game of the season, he is playing alongside Jordan Henderson a midfielder.

For 85 mins he was fantastic, he made one mistake get a grip.

6 Likes

I looked at it again. He fucking ducks his head down. He was completely at fault for their goal

And…?

Have another look and see Andy took it away from him and actually assisted the goal.

5 Likes

Nope, as I said earlier Robbo got a touch on it taking it away from Nat!

5 Likes

A piece of piss

8 Likes

Thought Bobby carried on where he left off on Thursday night. So unselfish passed to Gini for our third goal and generally linking up play.

8 Likes

I don’t know the stats for and against this, but it felt like Salah had more freedom this evening maybe he was just more clinical with his chances. Either way I would not want salah to leave the club at any time

4 Likes