Post match: Wolves v Liverpool (EPL 4/12/21 3.00pm)

A shame I’m not a betting man, I predicted in the first half Origi would score the winner in the 94th minute. The game was tough we missed lots of chances and Jota with the biggest of the lot but we kept going until the end and got what we deserved and go top of the table. Onwards and upwards.

3 Likes

I’m not sure that miss is really forgivable. Why the fuck he blammed it straight at Coady is absolutely baffling.

4 Likes

Am slightly miffed with our waning away goal ratio. Shure sign Kloppo lost the dressing room.

Or summink.

Now - can Watford pull something off besides themselves.

1 Like

I wouldn’t describe that as an ugly win. They were ugly, yes, but we played some good stuff and didn’t let our heads drop. Kept going right to the end despite frustration of missed chances and shithouse opponents

5 Likes

Last minute winning goals are the fucking best!

Cheers Divock.

3 Likes

It’s forgivable when you think of his last game and enjoy the next

2 Likes

I though we weren’t allowed to make those jokes :wink:

Yeah, we won the game and he scored three goals already this week.

As many as Origi in the whole season.

Unforgivable my arse.

2 Likes

Not for my hearth.

3 Likes

What an exciting end! Origi comes on and put on a super sub show!

Klopp’s tactic was a bit off today. Wolves was sitting back and being compact in their defence. This means our midfield had tons of space to run into and it is begging someone to run with the ball to drag that compact defence out. If we had someone in midfield to take on the opposition defence with the ball, our forwards would have an easier time. Instead, for the majority of the game, our movement was soooo static, nobody in the midfield did one-twos to up the tempo, nobody in midfield ran with the ball.

Fortunately for Klopp, he woke up just in time. Sending on Origi for Hendo was one moment where there is urgency in pushing the ball forward from the midfield. However, that meant Hwang and Traore had more time on the time which was getting a bit iffy for us at times.

The masterstroke came when Hwang went off for Moutinho, Klopp responded by getting AOC on for Jota. This has 2 effects. One, it reverts us to more stable midfield with now an energetic runner in the midfield which will disrupt Wolves’ shape. Two, it allows us to concentrate fully on Traore and nullify him.

As the game went on after Hwang’s sub, Traore’s influence waned and he got subbed off. This means the boys in red do not have any huge worries threatening our rear and midfield. At this point, we have a willing runner in AOC who is doing his job to run down the opposition defence ragged.

Origi’s goal came from a long pass from our defence. The opposition midfield is pre-occupied with AOC, leaving Salah a one on one opportunity with Ki-Jana Hoever who wasn’t going to stand a chance against Salah. And the rest, they say, is history!

2 Likes

Burn him

2 Likes

Superb. All these wins where we blow them away early doors have been lovely, but in a way it doesn’t match the intensity of a very late winner. Superb Origi. Showed hunger and desire from the second he came on. And he has been like that lately to be fair. Nice touch, turn, low finish. Excellent.

Two more comments.

Wolves. Cynical. Dear me. They have some good players. Why play like Burnley? Gone down in my book after that. Pack the defence. Plenty of men behind the ball. Rolling around. Rubbish.

Last comment, Jota. You can thank Origi for sparing your blushes. Cock up between the goalie and defender. Jota takes it in, and all he needs to do is slot it into the open net from six yards out. Two defenders on the line, both in the middle. Just pass it into the net to the side of them! But no, I will smash it, possibly out of frustration at being unfairly booed. Surprisingly for him, no composure in the key moment.

Divock spared his blushes.

Anyway, team effort, and that is three great points.

6 Likes

Edwards says “hi”

4 Likes

Unfortunately, this voodoo master is leaving us. Let’s hope Wards learnt a thing or 2 from Edwards.

Now, I hope our recruitment can still maintain at least 80% of its previous strength!

1 Like

Werid thing is I was spent most of half time thinking it is the type of game Origi shows up in

1 Like

Just got off the plane.
Why can’t Div score normal goals?
Is Hendo ok?

2 Likes

it’s tory patter - the fact Conor Coady is a Scouser obviously hasn’t crossed their minds eh

1 Like

Hard to score from the bench :grinning:

But did he go off injured?

No, just a change of formation for the boss.