Pre- and In-Match | Everton v Liverpool| PL Match Day 14 | Wednesday 1st December 20:15h | Goodison

I might be completely wrong and a first-choice trio of Salah-Jota-Mane will start; but I just have a hunch Origi will start on Wednesday. Could as well be ahead of Jota or Mane and not Salah.

Klopp usually tends to rotate his squad at this time of the year and does not start his first-choice attacking trio in every game. And it certainly wouldn’t happen for the first time that Origi starts ahead of Salah in the Derby at the beginning of December.

2 Likes

I’ll say it again….

Mo and Mane will start every PL game till AFCON, baring injury concerns or catastrophic drops in form.

4 Likes

Everton would be in disarray again

A liverpool legend would no longer be associated with Everton, Everton would have to pay him multi millions to pay him off.

What’s not to love

I wouldn’t love Rafa being humiliated. He means too much to Liverpool to see Everton destroy him. I think he made a poor decision in going there, but dont like the notion of him being sacked.

I disagree with @ElCapitan on starting Origi as I want Salah in every game till AFCON. I want Mo to win the Golden Boot and a hat trick on Wednesday would help.

Most of all I want a semblance of retribution for their thuggery last season. A real display of football and a continuing of the 2 Goals Plus run of form.

4 Likes

I think it’s under appreciated quite how shithouse Carlo’s Napoli were. Besides Ferguson is the driver of the Everton thuggery.

3 Likes

Disagree on this one. I think managers and coaching staff have a huge influence on this. They can get the team over-hyped, especially for the Derbies. Just look at how our team resembles Klopp in how we play fair. Then look at Dyche, Pulis, Allardyce teams, esp in how they approach playing better teams

3 Likes

I mentioned some other more physical coaches, who have a more aggressive style. That’s fair. But I don’t think they say to their players that they go out there and send a few to the hospital. I certainly don’t look at it so radically different. Bloody Thiago Alcantara played like a Simeone player off the ball at times last season.

I’m sorry but I can’t quite remember him being a whiny little shit that went down like he was shot everytime a player breathed on him and neither can I quite remember him being a snide little shit deliberately tackling players late or generally being a twat on the field to try and get players injured or booked. But hey, could just be me.

9 Likes

The only way Origi starts this game is if he’s used as Mo’s shinpads.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Great it being on Amazon. Hoping for a Clive Tyldesley and Ally McCoist commentary pairing.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

1 Like

The team picks itself for that game imo, if there are no new injuries:

Mané Jota Salah

Thiago Fabinho Hendo

Robbo VVD Matip Trent

Allisson

Our first choice team, apart from Bobby who still sits out probably. But Diogo is on fire, so no problem.

They say that form flies out of the window on derby days. But fact is: we are full-strength and our lads are in form, while they are not. 3-0 for us.

7 Likes

I don’t think Jurgen has had a win at Goodison yet? Long overdue. This looks like a huge mismatch so I will be severely disappointed if we don’t get the win this time.

1 Like

I hope we avoid injury. Fucking Pickford. Fucking Richarlison

3 Likes

Not true. He won his first away derby 1-0.

1 Like

Even I have to admit that the feeling is similar to what we had before the ManU game a few weeks ago. We’ll absolutely trash them in their own stadium.

1 Like

Yeah, that was the Mane last minute “Merry Christmas, Everton” winner.

4 Likes

To say that we’re in-form is like saying that George Clooney is a reasonably attractive gentleman.

1 Like

Play the match not the occasion

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the annual Mane masterclass. Merry Christmas, Everton

1 Like