Pre- and In-Match | Liverpool v Newcastle United | PL Match Day 17 | Thursday 16th December 20:00h | Anfield

Agreed, but don’t you long for a suicide-football 4:3 which are always more memorable afterwards rather than the near heart failure during the match.

1 Like

Jeezus … I’d almost erased that fiasco from my memory. Thanks a bunch for reminding me. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Cool, so we have Bobby in contention after taking part in full training and Jones took large parts of yesterday’s training, so he should be back for one of the next games.

1 Like

JK presser just finished. The players have either had their booster or are due to have it soon. Bobby back in full training and in contention for tomorrow, Curtis took part in some sessions but not in full training yet. He spent a bit of time talking about Mark Leyland, part of the analysis team, who has just been poached by Newcastle. Hadn’t realised that had happened. He confirmed that Matip is not interested in playing in the AFCON. Otherwise no news on when the players will be leaving for the tournament.

I watched Newcastle against Leicester. They looked like a typical Eddie Howe team and that’s good news for us. Playing out from the back, some nice passing but pretty open and should be ideally set up for us to beat. Maybe Matip gets a rest here and one of the midfielders but I think JK will want to keep the momentum up and play a strong side.

4 Likes

Matip has not played for Cameroon since he signed for Liverpool so no surprise there

1 Like

There were reports he was reconsidering his decision to retire from international football and that he might play for Cameroon again. That’s why the question was asked today. JK confirmed he would not be going to AFCON.

1 Like

They are fucking rubbish.

5-0 to the mighty reds.

Salah to fill his boots

3 Likes

There was a report a few days ago that he was considering a return to International football. Obviously just clickbait.

Oops Billy just beat me to it.

We are all very confident for this, and rightly so. I’m counting on the team taking it a bit more seriously tho. Must win (as they all are now). Fingers crossed for a couple early goals and a noisy crowd.

2 Likes

Go full strength and put them to the sword. Salah will be after a hat full as he’ll miss several opportunities when he leaves for the AFCON. Cricket score please (not England)

Game definitely on?

Just looked on the Beeb and it says Leicester v Spurs may be postponed, and Thomas Frank calling for a break this weekend due to covid.

I am assuming the Liverpool game is still on today, but apart from that, what are the prospects for another shutdown? Or part thereof with fans restricted or no fans?

It is what it is, but I’m covid weary.

2 Likes

I wonder will spurs be ready to play by the weekend :thinking:

I think the match tonight will go ahead, but I’m not willing to hazard a guess beyond that.

I’m hearing a rumour that Virgil and Curtis Jones have both tested positive for Covid. Let’s hope it’s just a rumour.

1 Like

On Twitter it seems.
The league won’t postpone tonights match on two positive tests I think

2 Likes

… and our next two opponents are Spurs and Leicester. Better make it a good one for tonight because its looking like a mid-season break.

2 Likes

Yeah if we’ve had a couple of cases I wouldn’t expect us to see us to Boxing Day as well as we probably have more.

1 Like

It’s a total aside but I was reading through TIA and they made reference to Klopp’s programme notes:

The link for buying programmes is only for P&P to the UK but is there an electronic version at all? I always used to buy a programme when I went to the match - I’ve still got a pile of them in the cellar. It would be nice if I could have an electronic version to go with my big telly and crap coffee so I could get the full matchday experience.

2 Likes

It’s a bit weird there isn’t, but last time I got one was the home one against Palace and the home one after we won the title.

1 Like

Jürgen Klopp’s VERY IMPORTANT message on Covid vaccines:

I have no issue telling you I received my booster jab as soon as I was eligible and again that will be the case for many if not nearly all within our ranks in the coming days and weeks.

I won’t apologise for the view I hold on the vaccination, no matter how unpopular it might make me in certain sections of society. I’m the same privately as I am publicly on this.

If I come across friends or people I care about in my life away from football and they tell me they haven’t had a jab yet, I do my best to encourage them to listen to experts. It’s never a case of ‘listen to me’ – it’s always ‘listen to those who know’.

Ignore those who pretend to know. Ignore lies and misinformation. Listen to people who know best. If you do that, you end up wanting the vaccine and the booster.

The ‘stick to football’ abuse so misses the point. Yes, I know about football having spent my entire life in the game. And my view on the vaccination isn’t from my own imagination. That’s the point – I listen to experts. People who are smarter than I ever could be have come to the rescue of society by creating this for the world.

16 Likes