Pre and In Match | Liverpool v Rangers | CL Match Day 2 | 04/10/22 8pm | Anfield

Are we ever going too see ‘our’ Liverpool team again…we seem to be imploding with no means of turning it around…our excellent players have disappeared, our stalwart players are no longer, we have a vast array of excellent young players, but put em in the first team and they disappear…we seem to be in disarray…baffled I really am…

3 Likes

This is the Anti-Supercup: last year’s runners up playing each other.

This should be a good chance to get some rhythm and get performing again. It rather depends on which Liverpool and which Rangers turn up. For us its a about getting the defence to function again.

1 Like

The perfect game for us in our current form, unless we lose OR draw then its the worst.

So many players should be dropped but we only have a squad of 23.

Ultra shit form
Mo
Trent
VVD
Gomez
Robbo

Shit form
Fab
Hendo

Ok form
Milner
Bobby
Jota
Carvalho
Elliott
Timmy

On form
Matip

Above form
Diaz
Allison

Totally Irrelevant form
Naby
Ox
Jones

(Currently) Flop
Nunez

Wet Dream
Bellingham

2 Likes

Impossible dream
Mbappe
Hakimi
Bennacer
Barrela
or actually spending a bit of money.

1 Like

Thats what we want, this is what we will get…

Alisson

Matip Tsimikas

VVD

Hendo Thiago Fab

Salah Nunez Diaz

Trent

That’s only 10players :upside_down_face:

EDIT: Just put my glasses on and spotted VVD to make it 11 :0)

1 Like

I had the same problem yesterday

1 Like

Their 2 results so far suggest they are pretty average but we’ve never found it easy against Scottish sides apart from Aberdeen in the early 80’s.
Even so I expect us to win by at least a couple.
Gomez in at RB, rest Hendo for Arsenal and Salah, Diaz and Jota up top.

Alisson - Gomez, VVD, Matip, Tsimikas ----Fabinho, Thiago, Eliott —Diaz, Jota, Salah.

1 Like

Cmon Rangers is not that bad

Giggle Smile GIF

1 Like

We’ll show everyone how it’s done as this season’s CL is written. We are crap so we’ll find ways to win ugly a la Madrid, and win it all.

2 Likes

There will be some changes in the starting XI, but that will be more due to fixture congestion than anything else. Diaz/Jota will replace Carvalho. But I don’t see any viable options beyond that. Elliott for Henderson/Fabinho, maybe.

So you can’t see Milner Gomez and Nunez coming in?

Even Ramsay if 50% fit should be a viable option right now.

He hasn’t played at all. Far better to give him a runout with the under 21s.

This season was always going to be about integrating new players. It’s unfortunate that we have been let down with injuries and form to some of our backbone but rushing new players in won’t help anyone.

1 Like

Anything to gleam from the presser?

“We realised after Napoli it was a low point and we had to change things quickly. We didn’t play Wolves, played Ajax, then didn’t play Chelsea and couldn’t keep up anything from the Ajax win. Then we played Brighton, a really good team and conceded two early goals. When you spot a problem and think you have the solution and you expect the solution to be instant and influential, that’s in football never the case.”

3 Likes

As an aside , has there been any mention of just how many Rangers fans are expected in Liverpool for the game ?

I seem to recall a spot of bother the last time this lot were in the North West.

You mean in the City as a whole or just inside Anfield?

If it’s just inside Anfield they’re only allocated Anfield lower 121-124 so same as Brighton Palace Ajax etc, so about 3000.

In the City as a whole, around 10000.

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

Klopp said in the presser, we can defend better playing how we are & that we don’t have time between games to change style so that tells you what you need to know with the formation and tactics.

May see a few tweaks with the personnel but going to be more of less the same whilst hoping and praying we can defend better/Rangers don’t take their chances.

We need to repeat the Bournemouth performance and score against these cnuts.