Pre- and In-Match | Liverpool v Southampton | PL Match Day 13 | Saturday November 27th 15:00h | Anfield

Come on Flobs, be fair. You are belittling me and misrepresenting what I said. I will deal with the two in order.

First, belittling me. If you disagree with me, make a case. It’s a discussion board for fellow reds. Even better, have an idea of your own. Don’t just dismiss what I said with rofl. It is disrespectful.

I’ve been a red all my life. I played county football. I also played center mid in high school with a former Liverpool player who also played in 2 world cups, and we won everything we could possibly win (I won’t name him, because it is doesn’t matter). I had a fair shot at going pro, lower down, had a bad ankle break and went to Uni. I have coached for some years too, albeit kids football, though not Mickey Mouse but with a coaching qualification.

You may have a better background in playing and coaching, and if so, good for you. I made a point that I haven’t seen anyone else make. If you have a different point of view, argue the case. Or belittle a fellow red if that’s more your style. And before you argue that just because I played at a decent amateur level and coach kids football, it doesn’t mean my opinion is any more or less valid. I would agree with that. For me, it’s a matter of respect, and you aren’t showing it to a fellow red with the rofl shit.

On the second point, you misrepresented what I said. Klopp doesn’t know how to get Henderson and Thiago to play together? That’s what you got from what I said? Come on.

I think what I said was clear. I will repeat. When I watch Henderson and Thiago play together, they take a little off each other’s absolute best. It doesn’t mean they can’t play together. They are world class. And for the record, I would take a midfield trio of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago all day long.

Still, I’m sticking to my point. I haven’t seen much evidence that both Henderson and Thiago play at 100% of what they are capable of, when they play together. I will try to go deeper with the point.

One aspect of Henderson’s game is that he comes short for the ball, recycles it, keeps it going, and sets a tempo for us. He is more than that though, as he also adds energy, physicality, closing down, longer passing, crossing, and more besides. He is a good leader and encourages the others.

When Thiago is on the pitch, and playing at his best, as we are starting to see as he hopefully puts his injuries behind him, he comes for the ball, recycles it, keeps it going, sets the tempo… only he does it better than Henderson. And I think the team might be better for it, although as yet we haven’t fully seen the evolution in our play that I think Thiago was brought in to deliver. Signs have been there, but there’s been too much disruption.

When Henderson and Thiago are both on the pitch, of course they can play together, but I see the need for a slight altering of their natural game to accommodate each other. Maybe more time spent on the same pitch together will see it improve, but to my eye, they are both slightly less than their absolute best when they play together.

It certainly doesn’t mean Klopp can’t get them playing together. That’s not what I am saying. I am saying that I’ve never seen both on the same pitch at the same time, at the peak of their powers.

On the Konate stuff, I’m not sure what you are saying there. Matip is older and might be more of a risk to do three games in quick succession. Therefore I would play Konate alongside VVD against Southampton. If Matip gets the nod, no problem here. Konate is a good player and has more to come as he polishes his game to add to his natural athletic ability. In time he will surpass Matip, and I see a good evolution to come there.

11 Likes

Thiago was selfish in the goal, he snatched the ball from Neco who could have taken the ball, swing around and score a screamer into the top corner, which is better than the bottom corner. This kind of selfish play does not belong in the team.

images (2)

2 Likes

Konate almost looks a bit clumbsy and energy conservative at times. Then he switches the after burners on and reminds you he can fire it up when he needs to. I’m sure he will develop into a top class defender under VVDs guidance, it may just take a bit of time.

2 Likes

Not convinced by the argument that Thiago and Hendo take a bit of gloss off when they play together.
They are both top drawer players and in time,and maybe some input from Klopp,they will form the nucleus of a midfield that no one will be anxious to play against.
As someone said,add Fab to those two and you have a hell of a midfield.

2 Likes

I think I get what you’re saying. Maybe they are both playing within themselves letting the other take the lead?

More time together on the pitch will iron out any small flaws as you say. Hasn’t been easy since Thiago arrived with injuries for so many.

3 Likes

Humiliate them, take the 3 points and improved goal difference, fuck off out of it :+1:

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel,formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Itd be concerning if they didn’t :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Mo has 7 goals in 8 games against Southampton.

What’s the weather like in Liverpool at the moment? I keep seeing reports of people having their wheelie bins blown down the East Lancs Road. If it is that windy it could mess up our long passing game.

I’d still be looking at Trent and Robbo starting this one. There are a few players just coming back from injury so I would imagine any substitutions will take this into account.

Anyway, a no thrills 3 points would do very nicely.

1 Like

Apparently, yes, the weather is shite:

Starting XI - #LFC Alisson, Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson, Fabinho Henderson Thiago, Salah Jota Mane

5 Likes

Possibly our strongest 11? Jota v’s Bobby is a close one, Konate v’s Matip similar.

3 Likes

Harsh on Tsimikas, but Klopp knows better. Should be an easy win this. Milly and Ox on bench makes it look good. 3 points and no injuries please.

Full strength , that’s the way !

Probably looking at swapping out Thiago and Hendo around the hour mark if all is going swimmingly.

3 Likes

Watch Konate in beast mode today besides VVD :fire:

2 Likes

I would play Ox today with Fabinho and Thiago and have the captain ready for the bitters.

1 Like

How much of the wind actually gets into the stadium these days?

I’ve got this lineup

Liverpool: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Mane, Firmino

1 Like

It depends how much lager is consumed.

1 Like