Pre and In Match | Liverpool vs Bournemouth | PL Match Day 3 | Saturday 27th August 15:00 | Anfield

Ifti, have you got your YouTube live streaming channel up and running yet? I’d like to subscribe before the match.

make or break match 33-0!

2 Likes

Alisson, Van DB, Gomez, Virgil, Tsimikas, Trent, Henderson, Fabinho, Carvalho, Salah, Diaz.

Allison
Trent Gomez Virgil Kostas
Fabinho
Elliot Hendo
Salah Carvalho Diaz

Loads not to like about that team, but I’m fucked if I know what else we can put out.

1 Like

The season we won the league, when we had an almost imprenetrable defence, they were our first choice pairing until they both got fucked with season ending injuries

3 Likes

Assuming that Jones, Keita and Thiago remain sidelined, left CM is the glaring problem. I don’t think Milner has played badly, but he’s not top level anymore and surely can’t start another game in a row. For me it’s time to try either Hendo or Carvalho in that left CM slot. I’d start with Hendo and change at half time if it’s not working, less damaging to haul Hendo off than young Fabio.

How we get some form, focus and energy back in the rest of the team is another question but we do have first choices available for the rest of the positions so there are no excuses (I’m going out on a limb and counting Gomez and Firmino as first choice). Last nights result and performance should be enough to shake these lads awake, if it’s not we have a serious problem. These guys need to take responsibility and play themselves out of this hole, they are all legends so I believe they can.

————Becker————-
TAA—Joe—Virg—Andrew
—Elliot—Fab—Hendo—-
—Salah—Bobby—-Diaz—

My only concern with that would be losing Hendo’s leadership, especially if things are going wrong.

Alisson
Trent — Gomez – v. Dijk — Tsimikas
Henderson – Fabinho
Elliott — Carvalho — Díaz
Salah

7 Likes

1.Thank fuck @Dutch didn`t start this one.
2.Please let the boys find their rhythm with Van Dijk

3 Points please Jurgen

2 Likes

Three things I’d like to see.

1. Mo Salah closer to the goal. Mo Salah has scored more goals than anyone else in the league for the last few seasons. I don’t understand why he is now playing as a winger.

2. No massive gap to run into on the right of defence. I get Trent is up the pitch doing Trent things, but someone needs to be covering that space.

3. The aggressive, no shit Van Dijk. I don’t know who this passive, reactive player is. I like my Virgil defending through Aura. I want attackers actively running away from him because there is no point in running towards him.

3 Likes

He did come across early like the old times last night but then he turned back into recent weeks. It did take him a few weeks to get it right last season, I remember us being shakey at the back til late September.

We need a fucking win, I’m becoming extremely cranky :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Oh herr Klopp and yes I know you are reading this, :innocent: don’t you dare to stick Milner somewere in the staring lineup … :rage:

Play the young and excity guys and overrun Bournemouth from the first minute, not that cautious shite again. :star_struck:

1 Like

And that’s from a very high base level

@crankydutchgit maybe? :wink:

3 Likes

Hope they’ve recovered from whatever knocks they have been playing with in time. Persisting with them while part injured may risk losing them for longer

It’s not the first time that we’ve noticed that a full week’s break between games doesn’t favour us. Our lads seem to prefer a three-days rhythm to really get into their stride. Hopefully that will be the case from next week on.

For this game, it’s hard to write a line-up, because it will depend on who is available. Keita? Fabinho? Is one of the other injured lads coming back?

I’d ideally go with:

Díaz Bobby Salah

Carvalho Hendo
Fab

Tsimi VVD Gomez Trent
Alli

I don’ think that there is currently a big gap between Robbo and Tsimi in terms of quality. The Greek scouser deserves a start imo. But I guess that Kloppo might want to have as much cohesion as possible in his defensive line though, and thus go with Robbo again.

Fab and Hendo are needed in order to provide the glue in midfield. Carvalho looked good the other day when he came on, so it’s maybe time for a start for him? I don’t think we can continue to run Elliot into the ground week after week, he’s still a teenager.

The frontline three should remain the same, it’s not as we have much choice here currently. But please, tell Mo and Luis to go inside, not to hug their respective touchlines. That was horrible to watch the other day. We need them in front of goal as much as possible. Bobby will do what he always does, trying to provide a further link between midfield and attack as a false nine. That’s perfectly ok, but please, don’t fall back as deep as in-between the center backs this time, Bobby!

With this line-up, providing everyone is fit and ready to go, we win this game. Three nil.

2 Likes

Attwell is a clear cheat. His failure to carry out his duties when VAR in the West Ham and Brighton games last season mark him as such. Whether he attempts to shaft us as the match referee, in full view so to speak, remains to be seen.

Fuck knows what the team will be, we still have a few days to get some more injuries in training, but I’d be looking to get Salah more central, maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Diaz, Bobby and Carvalho as the 3. Hendo and Fabinho the 2.

Said it before but Bobby needs to produce, we can’t keep carrying him.

5 Likes

Exactly this. Injury crises or not, there is no excuse for the way our senior players performed against United.

3 Likes

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips

3 Likes