Pre- and In-Match | Liverpool vs Bournemouth | Saturday August 19th 15:00

He was good played the offside perfectly and covered back twice to clear chances. You also make it sound like he went there because there was nothing else for him at the time might be true but since one of the best managers in world football continues to pick him there.

1 Like
  1. Three points
  2. No injuries

YNWA

3 Likes

It was always an impossible dream

No clean sheet after a wet dream

Ok well let’s not delve too deep into the whole Trent debacle in here otherwise pretty soon we’re gonna be pissing a lot of people off, but given you know (& it’s pretty apparent to all) what his strengths and weaknesses are, what would you rather him do…tracking back runners or getting on the ball in dangerous areas and influencing matches that’s become so synonmous with his game the last 6-7 years?

Only does the aways these days.

Went Bournemouth last season didn’t he?

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel,formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

After the non-transfer events of the last week - not sure what Fabinho brought to the holding role, that Joe Gomez could not have learned to play in a similar fashion/level in the last 18months… Just thinking aloud I suppose on this

Funnily enough it was mentioned last preseason that he had spent time there.

Where is the fun in that :partying_face:

Can we not play Macca in the no.6 role please.

He is far too valuable further upfield.

I dunno, put Matip there or something…its only Bournemouth :rofl:

Why change the formation when we all know Klopp doesn’t change his 4-3-3 no matter what’s happening in the game?

Ali

Trent Ibou Virg Robbo

Doak Salah Nunez Gakpo Jota Diaz

Fuck it, embrace the no midfield lifestyle. Kamikaze football; it’ll be entertaining at least

4 Likes

Fingers crossed we see Thiago and/or Bajcetic get some mins here. Largely to remind posters that they exist and the world might not be ending just yet. I do like Mac at number 6 tho, he’s a dreamy footballer. Jones at number 8 and Gakpo at 9.

1 Like

Curtis for Jota should be the only change. It will make the side more balanced.

1 Like

TBH I don’t have an issue with the 11 that started against Chelsea if they had actually lined up in 4-2-3-1, but I think we tried reverting to that formation last season and it didn’t exactly work out (understatement). On paper this looks very good but it remains to be seen if it’s an actual viable option — perhaps with more time?

Alisson
Trent Konate Virgil Robertson
MacAllister Szoboszlai
Salah Gakpo Díaz
Jota

I think the issue might be one of time needed, but also that it might just not work particularly well with these players. Of note:

Salah would need to be back more and honestly his strength is as a RW not so much as an attacking mid.

Szobo probably doesn’t suit being one of two holding ish midfielders, though he is incredibly versatile. This one might be timing.

Both the holding mids are probably better a little further forward — though I could see an eventual switch between the two who moves up which could be beneficial.

Trent would need to stay at RB more than seems to be the plan.

Yup Klopp did say we need to pick a side and formation for Chelsea not the season.

1 Like

just got the call. Im playing CDM Sat

1 Like

Even my amateur doesn’t pick this early.

Fake news.