Pre- and In-Match | Liverpool vs Bournemouth | Saturday August 19th 15:00

Yeah exactly. Some of that might be him hinting at more signings (doubt it! He isn’t one to hide behind layers of information, contrary to what some might think), but also clearly different teams require different tactics.

I would say the side against Chelsea is also at least in part based on who was most fit and ready from preseason — Jones was coming off a knock, for example.

Otherwise I’d think the side Klopp put out is probably better suited against sides that will sit back more; it seems fairly evident to me that he’s been putting a lot of thought into how to break down those teams that park the bus.

Because of that, I’d be happy with an unchanged side. I also think Elliot could easily start as he looked excellent on Sunday, and Jones is a very good option for balance (and good in possession and passing as well). When I think about it we do actually have quite a few good options in midfield, it’s just that some of them might be a bit young, and we do seem more stocked in the more attack minded mid.

One wonders if that’s more the plan.

2 Likes

Might just be me, but as much as I like Jota, and what he brings to the team with his all round enthusiasm… he always seems to get in the way of his own players during the games…! :0)

this 433 is predictable and exhausting , even with 3 young midfielders we lost our legs after 35 min same as last season . we are predictable easy to play against and easily exposed .

I wouldn’t say we lost our legs, we had THREE midfielders who didn’t know the system when it came to defensive responsiblities. Macca and Szobo both new, and Gakpo looked like a fish out of water in his own half. Sterling lit him up on that side, all he had to do was drop between the lines and get fed the ball.

We played narrow in our own half and Chelsea’s 3-5-2 formation exploits width. that’s why we lost so much of the ball possession. when we DID play well, we moved the ball quickly and accurately.

Far too often, we gave it away for free. the unforced giveaways absolutely killed us, it looked like 2015 all over again playing off the back foot. support from the mids missing in transition and god forbid Trent stop playing hollywood balls up the middle.

1 Like

Ifti,
Once again you are the truly enlightened one.
Marvellous stuff!
:+1:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4:

I am a bit of an old fashion, I like players playing their natural positions, rather than shuffling platers and formations so everybody gets to play.
Klopp has three central forwards : Jora, Gakpo and Nunez. If he believes Jota is the best ( which I don’t ), let Nunez and Gakpo sit on the bench and dont stick Galpo in midfield. We bought Macalister and Sobo to play as CM, let Jones play as DM if Bajetic is unavailable.
Trent is either a RB or Midfielder bcs this hybrid role has basically screwed up Andy who is one of the best LB in europe.

3 Likes

Three points and a decent display will help lift some of the gloom. We have a good team, Klopp 2.0 is emerging, and it is close. Hopefully we should have too much for Bournemouth either way, but a defensive midfielder needs to be signed asap.

1 Like

If we can’t beat Bournemouth what’s the point?

I think we will beat Bournemouth, either with or without a midfield signing added to the pot from here.

Like everyone else I’m waiting to see what we do with the dm signing.

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

1 Like

I have a feeling that PL is just trolling us now.

Isn’t the assistant VAR the guy that assaulted Robbo and got let off the hook?

Defo nothing shady going on here.

1 Like

That’s very odd usually don’t see a 4th official from the last game. But then again they don’t do much anyhow.

Hopefully whoever Thomas Bramall is he has his own mind.

It is so Manchester’s Anthony Taylor can stand alongside Jurgen for the full 90mins - awaiting to have him booked the first time Jurgen’s arm start waving like a windmill

1 Like

I’m not going tap the Gtr Manchester sign again, it’s like saying someone from Chester is a scouser.

He’s shit he is bent but he isn’t from Manchester.

I’m far more concerned with that utter corrupt bastard on VAR.

I thought Manchester’s Anthony Taylor was actually his full name…!
Every time I read something about him, that is what it states… I just presumed he was always given his full moniker -
Common mistake though I suppose… similar to saying Manchester’s Alex Ferguson, or Manchester’s Harry Maguire… Don’t need to be born there, just to belong to them…!

No, it’s not.

It’s more like Rainhill or Crosby than Chester. If there was a referee from Rainhill, Crosby or Whiston giving us all the decisions, and constantly giving decisions against our closest rivals, there would be questions asked.

Bolton would be analogous with Chester, definitely not Wythenshawe.

4 Likes

The demographic of that area would not align itself with Manchester.

I have a cousin who lives there. It’s like the Uxbridge bollocks over ULEZ and not living in London even though they benefit entirely from being near by.

Anyhow he’s a fucking fourth fucking official they don’t do fuck all. Look at VAR even Klopp’s said he doesn’t want him near our matches.

Eh? They would. I know a couple of United fans from Wythenshawe.

It was/is (not sure) reportedly the largest council estate in Europe. It very much is Manchester. It’s about 7 miles away from Old Trafford as well.

4 Likes

8 and Bolton’s 10 miles away and you wouldn’t get them calling themselves Mancunians.

It’s a Greater Manchester area, it doesn’t matter if it’s a great big council estate or not. Walk around Kingston you see loads of Chelsea fans, go to Chelsea hardly see any.

As I said again 4th official is of little or no importance.

I’m going leave it here because frankly it’s pointless same every week and we aren’t even talking about the actual ref.