Pre and In Match | Liverpool vs Crystal Palace | PL Match Day 2 | Monday August 15th 20:00h | Anfield

Normally I’d say yes. But this is the second time in four seasons we’ve just lost the league by a solitary point. And every time the finger has been pointed to specifically games that we should have won but ended up drawing. And given that it’s clear the refs don’t seem to give us any 50/50 decisions it is imperative that we win these.

Couple that with the fact that the whole team looked slow to react in the first half and the ongoing midfield woes (injuries plus lack of performance against Fulham) it’s not surprising that some are reacting this way.

I usually think the way you but even I’ve been feeling downbeat after that game. ManU are at sea and Chelsea is still an unknown quantity with the new players but Spurs and Arsenal have strengthened and City looked good against what is usually a tough away day at Westham.

1 Like

Henderson getting a lot of stick (and dropped) whilst Fabinho puts in another stinker that goes by without much comment.

They’ll both play, with Elliot or Keita. Nunez has to start ahead of Firmino. Jota really is a big miss, one that has gone under the radar with the focus on midfield, but Nunez is the best option now. Better to bring him off at 60 for Firmino than the other way around.

4 Likes

Beggars can’t be choosers. Not like we have options flying off the bench

I can’t see us making three changes, sceptical we’ll even make two. Harv or Naby for Thiago, of course; personally, I’d start Darwin, but he’s worked well off the bench so far which ironically might sway the decision in Bobby’s favour.

1 Like

Why do you keep Fabinho out of the team? I’d also start Elliot, but mainly because I don’t expect Keita to be fully available yet.

Agree with the rest of that starting line-up. Nunez seems ready for his first start. :+1:

Elliott plays on the right. You wouldn’t be able to play him on the left. Thiago, Keita, Jones or Milner on the left. Same with Hendo. He is always shite on the left.

Why Hendo at 6? It’s between him and Fabinho, and Fab was absolutely shocking on Sat. He’s dropped. Sometimes the old ways are the best.

5 Likes

Klopp should invite them both into his office and say the no.6 spot is up for grabs between the two…

dc comics GIF by Reflector Entertainment

drop the pool cue and walk out.

Hendo actually didn’t play much at LCM, especially in a midfield 3 under Klopp. We played Chelsea a year ago at home in the league and we had Elliott RCM and Hendo at LCM (possibly to counter Kante). It didn’t look good, especially on Hendo’s part. Doesn’t mean it will not happen anymore and be better some other times. I expect both Fabinho and Hendo to keep their places. We’ll know more from Klopp on team news.

1 Like

Fair enough. I think it’s a bit early to make that kind of statement, but Klopp will know best anyway how to inject new influx into his lads.

We’ll give ourselves a collective hernia worrying and comparing to city. What we’ve done in the past few years in unprecedented. The deck is totally stacked against us. May as well enjoy the ride, cos it goes in cycles and Klopp won’t be around forever

7 Likes

Don’t think it’s right to drop players after the first game of the season so I’d go with Naby instead of Thiago and that’s it.

Let those who didn’t perform on Saturday prove themselves because we know they can do better.

Darwin and Harvey’s time will come soon enough.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen many shouts for Carvalho to start in the left midfield spot, but he has played a lot more than Keita recently so can maybe see the manager going for him.

4 Likes

It’s not really dropping in 2022, just rotation

1 Like
1 Like

Monday night football sucks.
Crazy we have 9 days between games

3 Likes

No worries, it will change soon enough.

FFS

Hendo improved a lot when he was moved to the 6 role

2 Likes

Klopp said exactly that in his presser, although he said Fabio looked sharp… I hope he meant Carvalho :wink:

3 Likes

Was 40914…got to screen to purchase 2 tickets…everyone says…no seats available…take it its a sell out…not too bothered…its the tv for me…to all who attend.

Have a good one…