Pre and In Match | Liverpool vs Newcastle | PL Match Day 5 | Wednesday August 31st 20:00 | Anfield

Eddie is okay at least not a conte type manager :clap:

A matter for the police. Surely?

Everyone going to Anfield, get your Khashoggi masks on. Never forget…

10 Likes

The 4th official doesn’t do anything do they, what’s he going do put the wrong number up and insist Klopp brings on his goalie.

Coote ironically got one game after Everton which was Preston away in the league cup and he gave us literally every decision all night.

Evidently sheepish for his fuck up and wasn’t going do it when Klopp was 20 yards away.

Mariner did overrule an awful VAR referral at Fulham which I think is one of a handful that has been turned down.

Looks like St Maximin will miss this went of near the end with what looked like a hamstring.

1 Like

Good for us if true. He’s an absolutely devastating player who’d have no end of joy down our right hand side. Newcastle without him are pretty ordinary.

It’s a little-known fact that “Smash them, they’re shit” was first uttered into existence by Illuvatar - he who became @Draexnael - in the pre-match thread of a game against Newcastle. Mayhap it was the famous Divock match from a few years back. In any case, a win is a must here.

Smash them. They’re shit.

12 Likes

When did you acquire it and what were the circumstances of the acquisition?

Originally I co-opted it as a sort of homage to @Draexnael’s unwavering confidence in oppos being shit, and our ability to smash them. After a while, it became customary for me to post it in ever pre-match thread, much in the same way as @Flobs’s ever-present 3-0 predictions, or @Commando’s “I’m sure Jurgen will know the formation…etc”, or @Lowton_Red’s unintelligible ramblings about “the mem”.

Ultimately, I can’t rid myself of it. I love and hate “smash them, they’re shit”, much as I love and hate myself…

10 Likes

Trippier didnt look too good either…

1 Like

TAN folklore

3 Likes

Last match of Núñez his 3 match ban, just saying.

3 Likes

Yes, and his return could be against Everton. That’ll test his self restraint.

4 Likes

Keep Hendo close by.

I don’t think he will start regardless when he returns.

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

9 Likes

???

Really? It was clear as day to me. COYR YNWA :crazy_face::+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

We are shite. These should smash us. Salahs a fraud. 2-0 Saudi

1 Like

I’m not expecting another Bournemouth result. In fact a simple 3 points would be superb.

I’d look at the same starting lineup unless the injury situation has drastically changed. I’d also like to see the fast-out-of-the-blocks start again.

We have a lot of young exiting looking players so I’d like to see as many of them getting game time as possible. I know you “never win anything with kids” but it’s worth getting them experienced whilst the older players can still cover where needed.

Trent be like…

Relief Im So Relieved GIF by Padma Lakshmi

Ohhh how I fucking detest this bastardisation of the English language.

4 Likes

If Saint-maximin and Guimaraes are both out that should make things a good bit easier.

4 Likes