Pre and In Match | Liverpool vs Newcastle | PL Match Day 5 | Wednesday August 31st 20:00 | Anfield

The unknown can be as problematic as the known. With ASM and Guimaraes out, we may see Isak play.

Never seen him play, don’t know anything about him - is he any good?

Think Trippier might be out too, which would be a big bonus.

1 Like

Same team, hopefully get some minutes in for Jones. Really hope we can start well, score the first goal and hold a lead.

3 Likes

You know what is a disgrace? That we are playing bitters at Saturday lunchtime after playing Wednesday evening. The PL was boasting to have fixed that but it seems they only did it for CL matches played on Wednesday. As if the PL matches were any easier. Fuckers.

So having that in mind, there will simply have to be some rotation between both games (and we play weekend-midweek up until the World Cup anyway). Right now, we do not have many different starting options, so the same team as against the Cherries will do (maybe we will see a tweak like Tsimikas in for Robbo as Robbo’s shithousery will be very much needed against the bitters). Let’s hope we sort them out early and Klopp will be able to give one of Fab or Hendo some rest and give some minutes to Jones and Carvalho in the second half.

1 Like

BT sport again, everyone goes on about Sky but these fuckers really love screwing us on fixture times.

There is no reason why we are the 8pm kick off on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Just like Alice

He plays a wicked game

6 Likes

Every single PL game kicks off at 8pm tonight or tomorrow night - so least everyone’s in the same position?

i never felt that way

1 Like

But none of the other teams who kick off at 8PM tomorrow are playing Saturday lunchtime. Thebother team that is playing Saturday lunchtime have got a game 24 hours earlier than us.

Not every game this evening is an 8PM KO either.

The EPL and sports channels are pr1ck5. How can they not allow this for European games but think that an EPL game is different? :rage:

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Well some at half 7, I know it’s not a massive time frame.

Bonus is lack of travel I guess, I don’t expect any of the returnees to play this, possibly Matip as a sub but they will be important for

1 Like

I’d expect to see Jones and Matip on the bench. I’m keen to see more of Bajcetic to be honest though. Really looks a cracking young player.

8 Likes

I hadn’t realised the KO times were staggered.

As for the issue of us playing Sat lunchtime and our opponent (I assume the blueshite) having an extra 24 hrs rest in their legs is not something we can do much about. We go into tomorrow nights game with 24 hrs of extra rest compared to our opponents Newcastle. Unless the PL goes to 3pm KO’s on a Saturday every week for everyone, there will be occasions where this happen. Sometimes in our favour, sometimes not.

2 Likes

Anyhow Jota Back training Thursday… Thiago “a bit later” according to Klopp PC.

8 Likes

Friday?

1 Like

First Friday of 2023 I’d say knowing Jürgen

Jota has been a huge miss so far, would be great if we can get him fit for when the CL starts.

2 Likes

Who knows, I’d still expect the international break though.

Be nice to have him for Chelsea mind just before it.

I wouldn’t risk Thiago against the bitters anyhow … so maybe it would be the best he remains at least officially unavailable by then. Hopefully Jones can start the Saturday Derby.

1 Like

Joel farted, it was loud and a bad one. The wind was blowing in a specific direction.

2 Likes

I wonder why they cut it when Klopp talked about beeing backed… :thinking: