Pre and In Match | Manchester United v Liverpool | PL Match Day 3 | Monday August 22th 20:00h | Old Toilet

3-0 win for us, we were bad against Fulham but played well against Palace. Man Utd are not as good as Palace.

5 Likes

Angry Lebron James GIF by Bleacher Report

3 Likes

I’m going try and fuck the jinx on this as they could both go but that would be awful for us (a loss)

And that’s all I can think about my stupid mind has now focused on this outcome, anyhow they’ve had their win so we are due our win.

Sorry mentally not in the greatest of places today, it will pass.

I’ll be in the big smoke to watch this one, any recommendations for a Liverpool friendly pub please? Cheers.

Michael Oliver is the referee for this game. Probably the best of a bad lot.

2 Likes

Let’s not use Nat Phillips for this, ok?

At this early stage of the season I would like the Greek Scouser to be given a run of 5 / 6 games starting with this one…
Nothing against Robbo but just feel he has hit a brick wall somewhere along the way last season and needs a good rest to perk him the f*** up… Maybe too many matches for LFC and Scotland where he was busting a gut for the cause…
Tsimi gets half a game or some minutes here and there… bit unfair to expect the lad to click into world beater mode eh Give the lad some games is what I say and lets see if if can get some rhythm into his game to go with his energy…

2 Likes

Sign Berahino as emergency striker and start him.

It’s Utd…We could use him as a false 9 and still beat them.

Stick Nat on as Neville likes to call him 5ft9 Martinez and get Diaz and Salah in behind running at Maguire, that’s my game plan right there.

Or Milner!

1 Like

I’d normally go with my tried and trusted ‘trusting Jürgen and his team’ post in a matchday thread (tradition and all that). But I have to say that I’d drop Trent for this game. I wasn’t impressed with him at all on Monday and TBH there were games at the end of last season where I thought his ‘effort’ was under par. On Monday there was an incident where a Palace centre back passed it back to their keeper. Trent sprinted about 40 yards on a fool’s errand where he had no chance of closing the keeper down. He was left as our furthest forward player when he was supposedly playing right back? Compare this with a couple of times when he was tracking back with Palace players and as he jogged the Palace player just went away from him.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s a huge talent and is one of the best in his position. I just feel that he’s taken his foot off the gas a little bit and isn’t putting the hard yards in at the right time.

I’d go with

AB in goal,

Milly, Joe, Virg, and Costas,

Harvey, Hendo, Naby lad,

Mo, Bobby, Luis D

Other than that, I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

I told youse, I woke up on Monday morning dreading Utd for some reason…

Turns out it was actually a premonition of you lot wetting your knickers about a little bit of chin music from Darwin.

Now that that is out of the way…0-3 incoming.
:point_down:
In the first 20mins… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

The key here is to not concede the first goal and go behind for the 7th straight league match. That is a very worrying trend. We do that, we’ll put 4 past them instead of playing from behind panic mode.

1 Like

Probably just my way of thinking but I sometimes feel the right back position is not exciting enough for Trent… Does he cherish a Stevie G role in the heart of the team… playing more forward, scoring long range worldies etc… just a thought is all… I mean if you don’t want to play as a full back with heavy defensive duties… well then just play crap as a defender until the penny drops with the hierarchy that it is safer to move him out of defence…!!!

Phew.

I was starting to have a heart attack thinking you were going to put Klopp in place of Trent in that sentence. (Thinking have we really become that poor).

No thanks, he started against CP and that was enough until the WC. Last 10/15 minutes oké but one start every 4 month’s is more than enough IMHO.

Do we have any forward options outside of Salah, Bobby and Díaz? If there is one thing I took from our injury crisis two seasons ago it is not to play players out of position unless absolutely necessary.

I think the main thing is not to concede against the run of play again. Most teams have been playing a counter attacking game against us for a while and it’s fine for us as long as we aren’t constantly sloppy at the back.

Well we still have Carvalho who is considered an option for the forward line. Maybe he could excel in the Bobby-like false 9 role or he could play on the wing with Salah centrally (if Bobby is not fit to start). Elliott is another option if required but he will be more needed in midfield. So let’s hope Bobby is fit to start.

1 Like

I used to go to the Spread Eagle which is a good Liverpool pub.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d3228506-r678569287-Spread_Eagle-London_England.html

I think The George in Borough Market used to be owned by a Liverpool fan. Not sure if that’s still the case.

3 Likes