Pre and In Match | Manchester United v Liverpool | PL Match Day 3 | Monday August 22th 20:00h | Old Toilet

Are we writing players off after one game?

Personally I think it would be interesting to see Trent in midfield. He reinvented the RFB position, but opponents have started to counteract his threat. But obvs Klopp and his team know better

1 Like

No way they beating us 3-0, surely we haven’t become that bad.

5 Likes

#RedOpiumout and if that happens #Kloppout !!! :rage:

1 Like

I think if that happens, we’ll all be out tbf.

1 Like

if Bobby is back I would go with:

Alisson
Trent Gomez VVD Robbo
Elliott Fabinho Henderson
Salah Firmino Diaz

The two subs I would be looking to make would be:

Carvalho for Firmino, assuming Bobby can give us, say, 60 good mins. Carvalho looked bright as a button, clever in his passing and movement, and I think he could have a productive half hour.

Keita for either Henderson or Fabinho, whoever needs their minutes managed, again around the 60 min mark.

With regard to fitness in central defense, it is good to see Matip in the training pics. He was more established than Gomez after Joe’s long injury, but assuming a new season and everyone fighting for a spot again, Gomez has a fair chance of partnering VVD. Mind you, I think before the season is out Konate will be the regular.

Less we forget.

6 Likes

I take what you said in obvious sarcasm.

Just wanna make a few comments regarding the said player. This guy is still living off his 2014-15 season. Stoke gambled and failed. Since then he’s been a nomad.

If we had our whole first team injured, I still wouldn’t want this three time convicted drink driver in the team (though tbf the last one had some mitigating circumstances).

He has also been suspended for taking recreational drugs (claims someone spiked his drink). This is a guy who has had a recurring issue of being “unmanageable”. Several of his own teammates have publicly come out and spoken negatively of his whole attitude. These kinds of things rarely happen, so when they do, teams should take real notice.

And they basically have. He’s been no where decent since the Stoke move.

He is the antithesis of a Klopp player.

1 Like

So you’re saying there’s a chance?

2 Likes

Darwin Nunez: Banned for 3 matches

Diogo Jota: Injured

If Firmino doesn’t make it in terms of fitness, it means Liverpool will only be able to depend on Mohamed Salah, Luis Diaz and Harry Maguire for goals.

10 Likes

Well no I was being serious, we don’t currently have a striker.

But I’m glad you’ve brought me up to scratch with his recent developments because in truth the last I saw or heard of him was when he was at West Brom.

Hope we don’t sign him now.

Anyone fit or is our bench full of U23’s again?

After a season of a clean injury record, we’re back to dropping like flies again.

:joy:

Any truth in the rumour Henderson only doing light training?

Yes he was training away from the team, as was Phillips. We may see Keita, Fabinho and Elliott line up…

Great news about Bobby being back! Having Matip on the bench (as he was in training apparently) will also ease the pressure on our CB situation. Hopefully Gomez can start that one though.

I’d go with:

Díaz Bobby Mo
Hendo Fab Elliot
Robbo VVD Gomez Trent
Allison

Bench: Adrian, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Bajcetic, Keita, Carvalho.

Trent and Robbo will raise their game for this one, no doubt about it, given the usual hostile atmosphere around it. Go with the absolute strongest available team, because this one won’t be easy. Hopefully Hendo can start, he’s instrumental to the way we set up our counter-press. If not, well then… it will have to be Milly again, as I won’t believe that Naby is match-fit before I see it.

This one will probably be an ugly game between two sides not in top form to say the least, but if our lads play to their potential and for once, score on their chances, a win is possible for us.

Very optimistic I know, but I’m going for a 3-1 win for us.

1 Like

Agreed @Hope.in.your.heart, strongest team we can field although Naby might get the nod ahead of Hugo or Elliot.

Has to be 90 minutes of the first 20 against Palace. Just marmalise them, get 3 up then stroll round like the kings we are making them look like the utter irrelevance they’ve become. Millie on at 60 to lock it up 0-5 up. Back to back thrashings handed to them at the theatre of dishevelment. Bloody glorious. Protest before the game won’t help them one bit. All their fan groups pulling in different directions and Goldbridge sat in the middle on a pile of gold drinking petrol and playing with matches. Carlsberg don’t do massive rival’s destructions but if they did………

2 Likes

No. Just no.

2 Likes

Love this montage of our last trip to Old Toilet. Proper flushed the fans out that day. Naby and Bobby were both heavily involved that day. Lets hope they have good games this time.

I want to see the below, as set out by @Aurelio

I love watching Maguire

1 Like