Pre- and In- Match: Premier League / Norwich City Vs Liverpool / Sat 14th Aug / 1730 hrs

Is my guess, Milner to go and help Kostas defensively… Salah/Trent/Elliot were striking quite the offensive little triangle…

Might see 4-2-3-1
Alison
Trent-Matip-Van Dijk-Taimikas
Milner-Fab
Salah-Firmino-Mane
Jota

Makes some sense to get the best 4 attacks on against a new side that will need to do a lot of defending at Anfield.

That might be so HR…
but that is not until Feb.2022.! :wink:

2 Likes
             Ali

Trent Matip VVD Kostas
Ox Fab Kieta
Salah Bobby Mane

Think we’ll win 3-0

1 Like

I’d go with
Alisson
Trent Matip VVD Tsimikas
Ox Fab Keita
Salah Jota Mane
Subs : Elliott, Bobby, Milly, Taki, Hendo, Konate, Thiago, Neco and Kelleher.
Get the on form players on and sub out once we are comfortably ahead.
0-3 The Mighty Reds

Form players include Elliot and possibly Taki.
Really hope Elliot starts. Ideal match for him.

1 Like

Am late for the Pre Match thread party but it would never work without me, right?

Having elevator team Norwich on Matchday 1 is a gift. Have to take it.

Also we have a good winning streak in the league which we should defend.

1 Like

The lineup will be an interesting one. A couple of players such as Virg and Thiago won’t be playing a full 90 and more likely 60-65 minutes. It means most likely Keita will start and be subbed for Thiago 2/3 into the game. Although either could start, Keita starting is the safer bet as he’s in a better position to play the full 90 if we need to make other subs due to injury. Virg off for Konaté. And probably Bobby off for Diogo:

Starting lineup IMO:

AB

TAA Matip Virg Kostas

Milner Fab Keita

Salah Bobby Mané

1 Like

Klopp has said VVD and Gomez are ready for 90 minutes.

Great press conference at least for settling the debate about whether another midfielder will be signed. His comments about allowing the space in the squad for Curtis, Elliott and Keita to develop said it all really. If there is someone signed it will be CF with Origi leaving.

Then his comments about how we don’t score many goals from midfield is more about our setup than about having the right players to score from midfield was perfect as well.

Thanks again Jurgen. These pressers may be a bit drab in general, particularly with some of the ridiculous questions, but your answers mean I’m still learning a lot from them :+1:

3 Likes

Was the name of my fantasy team year before last.

1 Like

What time do we go into meltdown?

5 Likes

I see us winning, but also conceding a goal or two.

Could be a fun game.

1 Like

Pure and unspoiled like early morning dew on a rose petal, the new season lies before us, resplendent with hope and anticipation.

As the sun rises majestically over Lowton Towers, the Mem busies herself at her forge, sparks flying iridescent into the firmament as she beats rhythmically upon the anvil as she fashions new sets of fettling shears and gelding irons, in readiness for the forthcoming weeks of ritual sacrifice.

I settle back in my old chesterfield in the potting shed, happy in the knowledge of a job well done. The shippen is replete with beasts of many kinds, all blithely ignorant of what awaits, and my pre-match inspirational missive is complete.

I am particularly pleased with my phraseology concerning PGMOL, the referee, VAR, and a passing reference to how the invention of the bicycle saved East Anglia from an incestuous implosion.

All is well with the world.

I pour myself a modest libation, and cast a glance at the latest offerings on TAN.

My eyes wander idly over the comments when they come to rest on a post by @Kopstar. I sit up with a start. He has only done it again.

Just as with last season, our pre-match rituals have been rent asunder by this cockered, tickle-brained, spur-galled, hag-seed, lewdster that is @Kopstar. Once again he has misappropriated the invocation concerning the epidermis of the berry of the fruit of the genus musa.

I am about to alert Boudica when, as if matters couldn’t get any worse, I discover that @Kopstar has an accomplice in @Red_Submarine, a greasy base-court fustilarian, who has plagiarised my predictive scrappy victory and score line!

Wearily, I make my way to the Mem’s forge. I need not speak; my look is enough. “Not again”, she snarls. I nod. She casts aside her hammer and tongs, and eyes blazing, teeth gritted, she strides out…

…choosing discretion over valour I elect not to bar her path, thankful that I had omitted to inform her that Lawro had predict a two nil win to us.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

A joy, as always.
Life is right and tedium dispensed with your rich prose.
I am now officially excited about the season…

@Lowton_Red
@PeachesEnRegalia

The sense of familiarity is heartening.

5 Likes

I love the optimism here.

Not used to it though, bring on 5:35 when we all go mental because we haven’t scored 3 goals in the first 5 mins, when Salah goes from one of the best strikers in the world to somebody who doesn’t pass enough, when our midfield goes from a bastion of workman like ability to a unit who aren’t creative enough, when VVD because a player who “isn’t as good as he used to be” and Alisson looks nervy in goal. Ah the good old days……

5 Likes

What top is this?

This is a sweet top. Hopefully no oversized swoosh on the back :sweat_smile:

:joy:

Ain’t that the truth.

1 Like