Pre and in Match Thread. Brentford vs Liverpool. EPL. Sat 25th Sept. 1730 hrs

Brentford have 8 pts, so this is a free hit for them. They can go for it because of what they already have in the bank, and as such, they are dangerous.

Not sure on central defensive partner for Virg, with their pace, and I can make a case for all of them,

Hopefully we do our job and win, hopefully win well.

With Chelsea playing City it might be the game where we go top and take hold of this thing, even at this early stage. Can’t wait.

Oh, and I won’t mind if we buy Toney.

2 Likes

When hit the ground means something positive for most but something Similar is the opposite for Keita

Sad Mood GIF by NBC

2 Likes

5-1 to us.

Fantastic read this!!

Liverpool’s last time at Brentford: A record-setting night in 1983 : Liverpool's last time at Brentford: A record-setting night in 1983 - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield

The Milk Cup…lol

And a pub at every corner of the ground! Sounds like my kind of club!!!

2 Likes

Agreed.

He was on his way to becoming one of our most important players imo…

Very sad to see him now and I hope like he’ll he can get back to where he was.

1 Like

What about a clean sheet? :cry:

I reckon Matip is a cert to partner Virg.

Ox and Naby are just frustrating me a little as I’m always saying cmon lads just get to the next level because you do have it in you.

But I do like the Jones lad. Get him in the starting 11.

1 Like

This is getting a little out of hand. Keïta stubbed his toe or similar, and presumably there’s pain and/or bruising that at the time of the update, hadn’t gone away. He could just as well be in full training today not being worse for the wear. Given the timeframe, he might not be ready to play, having missed those training sessions with the team, hence why “probably not” according to the manager.

It’s not a crisis. It’s just something like picking up a knock in a match. If it had happened to Milner or Salah, no one would be talking about it.

9 Likes

I agree to an extent, but this type of thing doesn’t happen to other players. Its getting to Andertonisms at this point.
I really like Naby and really want him to do well, but its become a bit of a saga…
This season, playing well then military coup, then kicking the grass…of course its not his fault but you begin to wonder if he will ever have a sustained role.

I think Brentford will play into our hands and attack us. Fools.

2 Likes

Old article. Remembered Klopp giving praise to and mentioning them together some time ago but didn’t knew they have the same owner.

I agree that he’s had ridiculously bad luck with us, but much of his previous missed appearances came largely down to being rushed back from injury by Guinea, which only served to worsen his condition. He does need to put a stop to that, but at the same time we’ve also tailored an entire training programme to him for his fitness. If he’d recovered from this a day earlier, or if this match was a day later, this might not be a problem at all.

I’d imagine if most of our other players would suffer the same problems, had they encountered this same situation.

Klopp confirms Keita and Thiago miss out. Thiago out until at least the internatonal break. He was unsure about Keita. Both have a history of taking time to get over injuries so it’s a bit of a worry. Not much chance to rotate this week in the midfield. Fingers crossed there are no more injuries before City.

This should be a really good game. Cracking club Brentford. Their podcast ‘Beesotted’ is worth a listen this week. Lots of complimentary stuff about Liverpool. They play some nice stuff. Press very high up. It will be a great atmosphere but their approach will suit us and we really should be winning this.

3 Likes

While we have no idea what goes on with the likes of Keita and Thiago, it’s hard not to think that Salah, Suarez and others have played through a pain barrier that keeps some players out. They certainly get kicked more

4 Likes

How can he do that?

Don’t be to complacent , these are no mugs .
There top 2 are both dangerous , and our centre backs will know they’ve been in a game after 90 mins of Ivan Toney .Naby and Thiago are a miss but we have to get on with it .
Just as well we’ve got james Milner to fall back on .
Need to finish any chances we get , need to be ruthless.
Looking forward to this

Oddly optimistic for you mate. You doing okay?

2 Likes

Play the best back line and go from there.

I think we still have options in midfield but it would be good to keep injuries down to 1 other (with Elliott out).

Be good to have Naby back next week mins as it’s options.

1 Like

Thomas Franck says Norgaard could replace Fabinho…when you see Franck agitated on the sidelines, eyes flaring…that’s the crazy in him. And this comparison.

1 Like

Let him hype his players up, not too bothered. We have to play our game if we worry too much about them we risk a slip up.