Pre and in Match Thread. Brentford vs Liverpool. EPL. Sat 25th Sept. 1730 hrs

Well Thiago is out for a month. With Elliott and Keita out the middle is looking thin again.

Thiago is out for the next 3 games. Keita will probably be back before then (no no he’s out for a year hurdur).

We still have 5 senior options plus Minamino or the option to go 4231. Not that thin really, there’s an international break after next week.

8 Likes

Yet we are struggling to get game time for our defenders. We also have the option of Firmino behind say Jota or vice versa.

Not quite the playing an U23 and a bloke who you were trying to shift out on loan.

I’m still more of a concern with up top now we lost Elliott I think we all knew Keita would miss games.

Hopefully Thiago gets some training during the break.

Would you stop… Big Virg will stick him neatly in his back pocket… if he can find room, it’s getting crowded in there.

8 Likes

Thiago is out for at least the next 3 games. According to Klopp: “It’s not 100 per cent clear when Thiago will be back. It’s a muscle in the calf issue, so after the international break probably’’.
Thiago is not a fast healer, I expect him missing more than 3 games. Right after the injury Juergen said he thinks it is not too serios and he hopes to have Alcantara back after 1 or 2 matches. Now he says probably after the break.

And after the international break we start away vs. Watford at 12,30 on Saturday, but the problem is that Brazil play Uruguay early on Friday, which will give Fabinho practically zero chances to play in this game.

And the international break is not very kind to us looking back, so I will hope Jordan stays fit after playing in another meaningless couple of matches for England, because suddenly at the start of Ocotober Klopp’s options will be limited, especially for rotation, because it is very important to keep your plaqyers fresh and fit.

I read somewhere during preseason it had been mentioned Konate and Joe had been some runs in midfield.

1 Like

As it stands Premier League clubs will again refuse to release players to Brazil - unless the quarantine rules are removed for them (in which case yes, you’re right they wouldn’t be able to play in all likelihood).

1 Like

I believe this time they will play for Brazil.

Brazil are squeezing in 3 games over the international break. It concerns me that if Brazil don’t look after Fab he will be susceptible to injury. His body struggles with too many games over a short period of time.

This is the way we should set up today.

2 Likes

I would go Fabs DM and both Jones and Hendo box to box. Having both Jones and Hendo defending but more importantly getting between thier line when in posession would be much better imo. Anyway why change what’s not broken?

1 Like

Of course it’s fluid depending on who’s in possession

I’d bet on this being the lineup. Just maybe Jurgen will go for the freshness of Milner instead of Jones.

3 Likes

Is that a new aftershave?

3 Likes

Thankfully, Fab is behind Casimero as the main No.6 for Brazil, and Fred’s selected too. Unlike lads such as Mo, Robbo, Sadio, Naby etc who are the best players for their nations, the Brazilian lads are amongst a lot more quality, so don’t play every game. But they do have to do the most travelling.

1 Like

I hope we just keep ticking along, our play has been quite positive and we have had several clean sheets. Keep it up lads. Don’t look to mid week, win this first.

7 Likes

Joe and Konate played recently so I am expecting Matip to come back in

Ali
Trent Matip VVD Robbo
Hendo Fab Ox
Mo Jota Mane

4-2 win.

I have a feeling that Ivan Toney will cause us some problems and they’ll get 2 goals

1 Like

So, we’re five games into the season and already three midfielders are injured, two of which were predictable, Thiago and Keita. Take into account, Milner has also been injured and that makes four. This just highlights the poor decision not to strengthen the squad, apart from adding Konate.

1 Like

Posted this in the midfield thread

1 Like

Whats all the hype with Toney hes yet to come up against any good defenders way people are going on you would think hes prime Real Ronaldo.

5 Likes