Pre and In Match Thread. Leeds United vs Liverpool. Elland Road.. EPL. Sunday Sept 12th. 1630 hrs

Brazilian FA be like

2 Likes

Let’s just campaign to have all international football banned!!! :rage: :wink:

8 Likes

Read the article.

My bad.

Wont happen.

In my mind , it already is. I never watch it nor look out for results. It’s irrelevant and an inconvenience , that’s all. I couldn’t give a flying fuck if they get their two yearly tournament , hopefully that might hasten its demise.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Just read that holders of Brazilian passports are exempt from quarantine when entering Brazil?

So it would just be the quarantine on returning to the UK that is the issue?

Yes that was always the issue, and the PL, in discussions with Govt and the clubs agreed not to release players for the international breaks where players would need to travel to red list countries.

It makes the whole thing a farce however that the Brazilian lads would have been allowed to play in Brazil (as they are passport holders), but the Argentinian lads, coming from the same country, had to abide by a different set of rules, resulting in the madness of the officials charging on to the ground mid-match to take the players away.

2 Likes

It’s almost as if they are just making it up as they go along…

4 Likes

Never a truer word spoken.

I still don’t really understand how players registrations are controlled by the country they are born in and not by the club who employs them. Sure, most players will want to represent their country and see it as an honour but to be told you have to travel half way round the world during a pandemic and then won’t be available to your employer for ten days on your return is some kind of restriction of work that can’t be fair.

Also, how can the game even have gone ahead in Brazil when the Argentinian’s shouldn’t have been able to select players based in England because they would need to isolate on arrival but Brazil could because Brazilian nationals don’t need to isolate. Turns out the game was a farce and so is the fallout.

I say we play them anyway. They’re contracted to us and we did the right thing in not letting them travel.

2 Likes

Maybe they should all do what Joel Matip done and retire from International football. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Why not hit them with health & safety, as going to those countries that are ‘red’ could endanger their health, works in every other walk of life

1 Like

The beeb have removed the offending paragraph from their article on the subject

Under current Brazilian rules, anyone that has been in the UK in the 14 days prior to arriving in the country must quarantine for 14 days immediately upon arrival.

So, a Brazilian passport magically confers immunity from Covid19 on its holder.

Another previously unsuspected benefit of having a Brazilian? :astonished:

6 Likes

Right then, as soon as I’m done at work, I’m booking myself in for a brazilian :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s just silly, i think their loss negates ours but this is it unless the decisions around Quarantine change we can’t send them and that’s the UK’s decision. It’s all a little crap from most countries though.

Anyone surprised a government like Bolosarno’s doesn’t care about Covid. Saying that cases are dropping and so are deaths they are currently say in a better place than USA.

Hahaha fucking joke of a decision - especially how much of a farce Brazil v Argentina was

1 Like

Melissa Reddy is tweeting they are now expected to be allowed to play.

5 Likes

Common sense prevails(hopefully)

I genuinely hate International football, i fell in love with Football by watching the World Cup as a child.

I dont even watch it anymore unless Australia makes it. Just a dive fest these days watching player roll around on the ground making fools of themselves. I’m approaching the same point with Champions League now too. Use to watch every game regardless who was playing. Now it is LFC only and I find the games against Spanish and Italian teams borderline unwatchable even when we play them.

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the real action to resume. International football needs significant reform. The whole thing is so unsatisfactory, with the latest covid thing just part of the lunacy. Ultimately money talks, and since the Prem is such a valuable product (ugh) I expect them to swat FIFA down, but to do it diplomatically, as FIFA is powerful.

So, as for the match itself… should be a cracker. Leeds like to have a real good go, so it should make for a great spectacle. We have more quality, so assuming we do our jobs we should win, but we have to show up and perform.

The Leeds team that faced Man Utd would be nice, but they will be a tighter unit this time, and crucially will have Philipps in the midfield too, so it will be a test.

3-1 to Liverpool.

2 Likes