Pre and In Match Thread. Liverpool vs Crystal Palace EPL. Sat 18th September 2021. 1500 hrs

I wish Fabinho would stop trying that long ball out to Milner on right its been cut out 3 times leading to breaks on us.

Shades of Norwich at the moment. Lots of posession, controlling the game but far from our best, yet we go into the break with a lead.

Early goal in the 2nd half would be nice to fully settle the nerves.

Had a feeling Mané would score today.

Milner has Zaha covered well. Kostas is a warrior. And in Konate we have a top CB.

1 Like

Hendo on a yellow against Zaha. A bit worrying.

1 Like

KonatĂ© had a shaky start but got better as the game went on. Clever ‘training ground’ corner from which we scored :v:

James Milner watch - a beautifully smacked freekick into Gallagher, followed by a sly grin.

Beinig helped out by Henderson. Showing no signs of slowing.

And we did 5 mins later

Tsimikas and Manes link up play has been brilliant again today. They’ve hands down been our best players on the pitch. Kostas continues to impress me, great crosses and works his socks off defending.

7 Likes

Would like to see Salah going inside a bit more. Get our best scorer in a better position.

Tsimikas showing that he can cover really well for Andy.

2 Likes

Playing well and should be 3 up. Thiago is on fire and Milly having a great game. Gotta watch out for Palace diving as they got a chance from Ayew throwing himself to the ground at the end of the half

1 Like

Can’t we just copy and paste that for halftime in every match? :thinking:

1 Like

Not a foul and for me one of our better players

2 Likes

I loved that. Our commentator was bemused, saying he doesn’t know what else Gallagher could do. I don’t know, maybe, not stand right on top of the ball at a free kick?

3 Likes

For streams, I’ve been using http://www.jackstream.net. First few links are usually decent.

1 Like

Would prefer it to be ‘3 nil up’ rather than should be

1 Like

Game far from over. Need to get Jota more involved through the middle. Can see Keita coming on and doing well here!

1 Like

You would hope we go on to win now.

I love Konate. Been waiting for this moment, meaningful Prem match, and he hasn’t disappointed. Sky is the limit for his potential.

5 Likes

Palace are definitely better off having somebody like Vieira in charge that’s for sure, showing a decent amount of ambition here and look like they’ll give most sides a good game this season.

Reckon we might see Jota get hooked earlyish again, don’t think he’s playing all that well of late. Looks like he could do with a bit of a break.

1 Like

Hoping we could be a bit calmer