Pre and In Match Thread. Liverpool vs Crystal Palace EPL. Sat 18th September 2021. 1500 hrs

Klopp certainly seems to think so.

Iā€™m sure that JĆ¼rgen and his team will know the personnel formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

This post is dedicated to @Iftikhar

Sorry about Wednesdayā€™s omission. Been a hectic week at Casa Commando :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Heā€™s hardly likely to say anything different in a pre-match presser.

Come on reds.

Fancy us to win and win big. Mo and Mane to fill their boots and Jota to score to.

Fuck it, going all in for 6-0

Alisson
Trent Konate VVD Robbo
Thiago Fabs Hendo
Mo Jota Mane

1 Like

3pm on a Saturday afternoon. Who comes up with these whacky kick-off times, eh?

Iā€™m assuming with this that Klopp will subtract the starting line up for Norwich and work back from there.

Iā€™d be tempted to go for a VVD / Gomez CB pairing to give Matip some rest and assuming that the front three will still be Salah, Jota and ManĆ© although Iā€™m still curious to see Ox in the false 9 role for a full game.

Iā€™m not expecting a hat-full of goals but any less than 3 points would be a disappointment.

2 Likes

I know right, what sorcery is this?

2 Likes

Yeah, everyone knows thatā€™s breakfast time

2 Likes

Imo they have a better centre back partnership than last season, a more prolific striker and a really good, all round midfielder in Conor Gallagher who gives them a bit of a different dimension to what theyā€™ve had in previous seasons.

I expect a tough game with a few scares but we should still be coming out comfortably on top.

1 Like

All bets are off on the starting line up. After Wednesday nothing would surprise me. JK knows what heā€™s doing. Heā€™s great at squad management so Iā€™m not worried about who plays just how they play. Palace looked good against West Ham and Spurs and are probably going to be a tougher test than Milan or Leeds.

Obviously we should win, as long as we donā€™t get complacent like on Wednesday. That was a good wake up call. Weā€™re playing some great stuff right now, reminding a few people who might have forgotten how good we are.

4 Likes

If we are going to play Matip 3 times a week he will not make it into October

6 Likes

I think thatā€™s a little bit of an exaggeration. Heā€™s always been rather unlucky as opposed to genuinely fragile. His record for Schalke certainly seems to suggest soā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d agree with this team then against Norwich we can go:

Kelleher
Neco or Bradley Phillips Gomez Tsmikas
Milner Jones Keita
Ox Origi Minamino

Matip can then come back in refreshed to partner VVD next Saturday

1 Like

I can not see us rotating CBs like new fancies. We need stability at the back. KonatƩ might get his 1st run out against Norwich.
Gomez will be given time so as to have someone to come in for Matip when his cotton Wool wears out. So Gomez will come in from time to time for Matip or VVD depending on respective fitness and fatigue. Which letā€™s face it is what we are seeing.

1 Like

If Henderson plays today it will be his 200 appearance for the club.

4 Likes

If Mo Salah scores today, he will enter the top 10 list of Liverpool goal-scorers of all time, with 130 goals.

2 Likes

Lowton Towers basked in the afterglow of a golden autumn evening. Only a memory now the storm which, only recently, had raged with such violence through its grounds and messuages. It had departed, leaving behind it tranquillity and bird-song and a sunset of pink and green and orange and violet. The air was cool and sweet, and the earth sent up a healing fragrance. Little stars were peeping down from a rain-washed sky.

But to Hulme-Rothery, slumped in the armchair in his potting shed, the improved weather conditions brought no spiritual uplift. He could see the sunset, but it left him cold. He could hear the thrushes calling in the shrubberies, but did not think much of them. He was, in short, in no sunny mood.

Like most people who have made a defiant and dramatic gesture and then have leisure to reflect, I was oppressed by a feeling that I had gone considerably farther than was prudent. Samson, as he heard the pillars of the temple begin to crack, must have felt the same.

I should never have remonstrated with Boudica regarding her choice of beasts destined for the sacrificial pyre. Selecting the victims is normally my task, and naturally I choose placid, compliant creatures. But on this occasion I thought it might improve the Memā€™s temper if I allowed her the honour. She chose llamas and alpacas. Why, I asked her, of all things, why llamas and alpacas? It went beyond reason and human decency. All well and good that a fellow member the Lowton and District Towns Womenā€™s Guild had a brace of each going spare, but dash it all, Boudica, of all godā€™s creation why llamas and alpacas?

In due course the beasts arrived with their lady handlers in attendance. Nasty, foul smelling, spitting, kicking, biting, flatulent creatures from the pit; and the llamas and alpacas were not much better.

I had seen enough and decided to take a stand. I informed the Mem that with regards to the ensuing ceremonies, she was on her own. This error of judgement was exacerbated when, in my absence, at the very moment of the lex sacrificii et Musa sapientum fixa cutis, a llama bit the Mem, whilst another stamped on her foot, and an alpaca spat in her eye. Naturally it was all my fault.

Gestures are all very well while the intoxication lasts. The trouble is that it lasts such a very little while.

I thanked all the prophets and saints that I had retired to the potting shed and barricaded the doors, before events took a turn for the worse, more than a little relieved that I hadnā€™t divulged Lawroā€™s predicted 3-0 to us.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death wonā€™t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Seriously. Why??? Why would you do such a thing?

1 Like

Ali
Milly konate VVD Tsmikas
Hendo Fab Thiago
Salah Jota mane

LFC lineup

1 Like

CONFIRMED TEAM NEWS

Liverpool have made six changes for todayā€™s game ā€“ including a first competitive appearance for Ibrahima Konate.

Virgil van Dijk, Kostas Tsimikas, Thiago Alcantara and Sadio Mane also come back into the XI.

Trent Alexander-Arnold misses out due to illness, unrelated to coronavirus, so James Milner is named in defence.

Liverpool: Alisson, Milner, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Keita, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Robertson, Origi, Phillips.

COYR

6 Likes