Pre and In Match Thread. Liverpool vs Man City. EPL. Sun 3rd October. 1600 hrs

All evidence points to them shitting themselves at our place, with a white hot cauldron of noise, pouring like lava from the crowd onto the pitch melting their players whilst galvanising our lads.

Robbo or Henderson will set the tempo early on with a ‘proper old fashioned’ tackle where man and ball end up 15 feet vertically!

2 Likes

I’ve come out of retirement…

Smash these human rights abusing, FFP abusing, cheating scumbag, managed by a cardigan sted abusing bald twat, cunts… They’re shite.

9 Likes

Pep says it’s impossible to control Messi…well we did…excuses, excuses…

5 Likes

Genius :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3-0 to us!

2 Likes

I totally disagree. Will be a 3-0 win at Anfield!!

2 Likes

Smash. Them. They. Are. Fucking. Shit.

15 Likes

Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

5 Likes

Latest odds

Liverpool to win 2:1
Draw 13:5
ManC to win 16:11

I’d take Liverpool to win, please.

We’ve had this kind of post with every referee.

Sadly we have just have put up with it.

7 Likes

Same XI that started last night for me. The only real decision Klopp has to make is whether to start with Jota or Bobby. I’d go with the Portuguese. He’s got a knack of popping up with goals at crucial times in matches and he’s undoubtedly the better finisher. That’s what we need in a match that is likely to be a very tight affair with chances at a minimum.

P.S. I hope Grealish gets the ‘Sterling treatment’. Showboating little turd.

5 Likes

I agree the same 11 should start, interesting that Jota played 88 minutes last night and no goals Bobby plays 24 and scores 2 goals.

1 Like

Oh…

1 Like

Bugger!!!

Klopp tried with starting Salah, Mané, Firmino and Jota together against City last year and if I remember correctly we didn’t play well.

Hopefully 2 - 0 to us if only for all the Pep memes afterwards… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

6-2 would work nicely as well, with Klopp’s 6 gesture and Pep’s TWICEE

3 Likes

I remember we actually started strongly, took the lead and had chances to even kill the game with a second or a third. Then City turned it a little bit and missed a pen to win it. I don’t think we’ll do it here, but it’s something I can see us going for when the 4 are fit and firing and when we’re not full of CM options (pluses and minuses, sometimes we can go with that double six midfield and Bobby just in front of them).

1 Like
3 Likes

Was this the best Liverpool v Manchester City game in recent years?

No; this was:

Our 3-0 thrashing of them in the first leg was class but this was even better, in my opinion. Not only beating them but eliminating them from their holy grail competition in front of their own fans and after they had taken an early lead…

Priceless.

16 Likes