Pre and In Match Thread. Liverpool vs Man City. EPL. Sun 3rd October. 1600 hrs

I recollect a video then from outside the Etihad of absolute silence after Bobby scored. Can’t find it now. Funny how can you make a silent crowd even more silent. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully the midweek results will lead to Guardiola tinkering to showcase his tactical genius while we put out our strongest/fittest 11 and win comfortably.

Despite all the handwringing over our our dodgy defence, our midfield injuries and our misfiring forward line, we’ve had a decent start to the season and there’s no reason to think the wheels are going to fall off now.

Alisson
Milner Matip VVD Robbo
Hendo Fab Jones/Keita
Salah, Bobby, Mané

Super sub: Jota

3-1

5 Likes

I always loved our 4-1 win back in 2015 Man City 1 - 4 Liverpool - Match Report & Highlights

If I’ve got the game right, we were absolutely dominating them to the point that at 1 stage Yaya tried to tackle Coutinho and Philippe merely brushed him aside like a ragdoll

3 Likes

24 goal Bobby, hope he shows up this season :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tbf, maybe the crowd noise DJ went home early?

Looks good but I’d definitely go for Jones over Keita to start.The international break is after this so fitness for the next game is someone else’s problem. Once we are back against Watford I’d be looking at resting Robbo because Scotland will work him like a bastard.

5 Likes

Not sure what you’re on about? It’s some tinpot cup their fans don’t care about anyway…

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

P.S. I hope Grealish gets the ‘Sterling treatment’. Showboating little turd.

He’ll get it from me. I’ll be booing any touch that a Citoil player makes. Nor Emerson though. I’ll be too busy cheering our goals as he retrieves it from the back of the net. :+1:

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

10 Likes

Assuming I can find some petrol between now and Sunday I’m going to this one. We lost this game 4-1 last season but I don’t remember anything about it. By then I’d decided that the Covid football season was a contractual obligation being fulfilled purely for the purposes of getting the TV money and had lost all interest in it. Or maybe I was sulking because we were shite. Probably a bit of both.

I prefer to remember the 3-1 from two seasons ago or the 4-3 from 17/18. Classic matches played in great atmospheres. No one remembers the one in between. The 0-0 when Mahrez sent a late pen into orbit. That game was played at the exact same time in the season as this one. It was a game of chess with neither side wanting to lose. Just a chance this could be the scenario on Sunday but I hope not. We need to make it a war and get the crowd up. City don’t like it when it’s loud at Anfield. Can’t wait.

10 Likes

Oh FFS another one? Fuck off FIFA.

13 Likes

There’s another in November.

Four games in 12 days wouldn’t be too good for the kid.

1 Like

He only played 68 minutes against Brentford and wouldn’t necessarily play the 90 in this.

Jones surely has to start ahead of Keita. Keita’s had a solid start to the season but Jones has been better, and Jones is probably in a better state fitness wise anyway.

Ride the wave whilst he’s in good form. He also had a good game against City last year.

9 Likes

Becker and Fabinho will not only miss Watford due to not being back in time as things stand Brazil is still on England’s red-list so they have to quarantine when they arrive back and they will miss Atletico and United too.

In November, perhaps by then, Firmino is selected again and they could miss Arsenal Porto and Southampton if nothing changes.

To make matters worse in January the Africa cup starts so say goodby to Salah, Mané, and Keïta for a while.

Arn’t internationals great … :face_vomiting:

1 Like

They will miss Watford but I can’t see us sending them again if it’s anymore than that, Brazil will want to inflict that ban this time I have no doubt on that.

The 4-3 was my last game for a 20 minute period we completely dominated them, best I’ve seen if I remember correctly.

Strangely we haven’t beaten them in some time, we need to rectify that.

1 Like

2-0

Up the fucking reds!

1 Like

Whatever happens, I just hope we can keep hold of Klopp. According to ‘El Nacional’ via the Mirror, he has been shortlisted to replace Koeman. We should all be worried :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Koeman + Ancelotti…
In this modern game, two of the biggest frauds going IMHO

2 Likes

May see Gomez start at R/B

Alisson
Gomez Matip VVD Robertson
Fab Hendo Milner/Jones
Salah Jota Mane

Think Milner may be a useful 2nd half sub in this game.

1 Like

I was expecting that to happen against Porto. Think Milly should be able to manage another game at RB as he’ll get a nice break anyways after this and maybe longer if Trent is back.

Also, I am not convinced with Gomez at RB. Attacking wise that’s one of our key outlets and in my opinion I haven’t see him providing enough that a natural RB or even Milly offers. Defensively maybe he can fill in to get the job done though.

2 Likes

Every club on the planet wants Klopp. Link him to a soon to be vacant managerial position means more clicks.

5 Likes