Pre- and Post - Match : Man Citeh v Liverpool, Thursday 22/12/2022 8PM (Kangaroo Cup 4th Round)

How many of these teams have we played?

Bar Southampton who we actually beat. We weren’t playing well full stop before the World Cup.

Previous one to that was Raneri who we smashed.

I know the favoured position is that Sky is falling in on here but we do have decent players and it was Man City and we played a weakened side and when we didn’t we beat them.

1 Like

Pep caught us off guard with that Rico Lewis tucking into midfield move when in possession.

Took us a while to adapt to that.

Good game, a bit too open, but all understandable considering the circumstances.

We did well to get back two times.

1 Like

id like at least 1 on target. drags far too many wide.

I think we played ok, we was just taking our chances on the counter attack, our midfield was struggling, but we all know thiago is class, just not his day, elliot will come good, got good vision and nice touces, bajentic not sure i spelt that right? Looked ok you can see the potential, i love Phllips when he came on an would always have him start in front of Gomes, he is like a terry butcher done a lovely baresa tackle on haland when he came on, would love to have seen a cameo of Doak, i know he is 17 but that boy has talent

2 Likes

Yeah but I like the fact that he went for the far corners each time, I think the 1 from Robbo’s free kick was unlucky…on the side cushion volley it’s a tough 1 to bury.

Look at the Rangers game at home where he had like 4 or 5 on target and scored none because they were straight at Mcgregor…that’s not much use to a striker either.

I don’t mind it, he’s finding his feet more and more…picking and timing his runs to perfection, the run and assist for Mo. I enjoyed his performance tonight and I’ve enjoyed the majority of his time in a red shirt.

Klopp: “Trent was ill. Ox was ill until yesterday. Virgil trained at the Axa today. Ibou will join us next week.”

Full statement in the injury thread

1 Like
1 Like

Nunez is wasteful but he still makes an impact. You can’t seriously watch that game and think he was the problem, he was our most threatening player again.

Gomez was embarrasingly bad, the midfield about the same and bar the goal Carvalho was a passenger.

Ox and Fab looked sharper than usual.

4 Likes

Not really. With the exception of their goalkeeper, right back and left winger everyone in that team plays every week.

1 Like

Not as starters.

Btw, what has happened to Robertson he looks from a distance that the attack is doing, saw it against Milan and today again, he looks like van Dijk, just staring …

Of course Nunez is not the reason we lost but there is no denying he missed at least 3 good chances in the game and he probably has to improve his finishing overall. But he did have great overall contributions as a team. Gomez did look clueless and found wanting both in CB and RB. He has done well to overcome the multiple injuries he had but he is not looking anywhere near a breakthrough to a top level CB. Let’s hope the league will give us more hope.

1 Like

Welp, I hope that the restart at the league will be better than this showing. As for Joe Gomez, he probably needs a loan away from LFC to find himself again at a slightly lower level. Otherwise, at the end of his contract in 2027, he might find himself becoming the next AOC.

Surprised to see the performance of the referee hasn’t been mentioned.

That was about the worst example of blatant bias I’ve seen in a ref for some time.

2 Likes

I don’t get how this didn’t matter, how this was only preseason and whatnot. Crashing out of any cup is bad, losing to those cheating cunts is worse. Especially, when we play like that. 40 day break and we look no better than before. Wide open, disorganized, full of cheap errors.

Robertson has developed van Dijk’s habit of standing off, he gave up a very similar goal against Lyon in the friendly. Gomez is steadily playing himself out of contention. Fell asleep for the first and generally looked like he couldn’t tell where the ball is going to land most of the time. Midfield not providing any cover and cheaply giving away the ball. Nunez while bright and energetic took his chances with the conviction and the confidence of a teenager visiting a brothel for the first time. Salah on the game’s periphery for 90 minutes. And there is the third goal where just about everyone isn’t paying attention.

That was bad no matter how you cut it. Anyone thinking that we are going to flip a switch on Monday and be ready to go is deluding themselves.

2 Likes

With many big teams already out it was a good chance to win another trophy but it doesn’t matter now.

What’s frustrating for me is that we yet again return from a perfectly planned preseason with players who don’t seem to be ‘on fire’ and players out with injuries.

It’s basically after every break that our players are not in form.

Should have won this game if Bobby, Curtis and Diaz would have been available for one half each.

2 Likes

How the feck was Rodrigo allowed to stay on the pitch?

8 Likes

One or two people mentioned he was a cunt :wink:

3 Likes

Make it three then. Because I definitely think he’s a cnut. :rage::nerd_face:

3 Likes

What is wrong with Fabinho, is even interested in playing?

if you are gonna gp out this cup then go out at this round to help with fixture pile up.

whats worrying is we come back from a break and look sluggish. City didnt. We only had 7 players go to world cup and one of those was a keeper. We need a big window or i see us finishing 6th

1 Like