Pre- In- and Post-Match: LASK vs Liverpool, September 21 Thursday 17:45

Maybe too early for Gravembach to start but expect to see him come off the bench hopefully see Bajcetic get some minutes as well. Fingers crossed TAA, Virg and Konate will all be back for the weekend.

————-Kelleher————
Gomez-Matip-Quansah-Tsimi
——Elliot—Endo—Jones—
——Doak—Gakpo—Jota—

3 Likes

Is this the team with Mac’s brother? I’d play him if it is.

If not Endo, Elliott, and Gravenburch. Nunez, Doak, and Jota. Tsimikas, Virgil, Quansah, and Gomez. And none of the Gomez trying to be Trent nonsense.

No. That’s the Belgian club USG.

Would be glorious if you had @gasband’s permission to use one of his amazing pictures and had a banner made……. Make it happen guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alisson
Gomez Konate Vvd Tsimikas
Gravenberch Endo MacAllister
Salah Nunez Diaz

Subs
Matip for Konate
Elliott for Gravenberch
Jones for MacAllister
Szoboszlai for Salah
Gakpo for Diaz

Think we will go stronger than many might think. Important to win the group as early as possible.

3 Likes

Good point, win whilst we’re spared the inevitable injury crisis.

1 Like

If our “B” team can’t beat this lot, we’re in real trouble.

6 Likes

If we even play a key player and I see Jürgen moaning about fixtures i will laugh at him.

I’ll never forget playing Jota in a dead rubber champions league game and him getting injured.

This Europa League group is the equivalent of the championship. Our second string should be winning every game here.

1 Like

I’d go with this line up, with the exception of playing Virgil from the start.

Ideally, Ali, Robbo, Konate, Mac and Salah wouldn’t even travel to Austria.

Doubt Klopp will ‚disrespect’ this competition and the opponents.

He shouldn’t give a shit, do what’s best for us.

Argue Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I do think it will be a mix of players.

I’d say mix it and if needed go strong in the home ties. Want to finish top so as to avoid that extra round.

Agree with us needing a mix of a little experience and some second-string players. Ooff, these comments about ‘if we can’t beat this team with our B team then…’ make me a little nauseous. How many times have we had a bit of a struggle in a FA cup game against a 1st, 2nd or 3rd division opponent and only securing it once we bring on the better players in the second half?

You can’t reconstruct a car by choosing individual parts from 20 different car models and thinking that the finished product will work flawlessly. Whether we go a full second string team, or a mix, I think the team will naturally struggle. These will be guys that maybe train together (maybe not even), who have to suit up for a competitive match and have fluidity between each-other, know each-other’s movements, where they want the ball, etc. It’s not something that can be just switched on and off like a light.

If I see us line up with a much weaker team, I think we can still win, but I won’t have an expectation that the second string team can put together a dominant performance, regardless of the opponent. It might take the second half subs to do that.

4 Likes

I’ve a couple of details for those viewing in Austria and Germany. Everyone else feel free to scroll on… :wink:

The match is being shown live in Austria on Servus TV:

This doesn’t apply to Servus in Germany where they are showing the fascinating “Die Welt Der Brücken” and “Guten Abend Deutschland”.

I had a look at the Satellite on my TV and it is listed on Servus Österreich but I can’t get a picture - possibly because the TV is also internet connected. This may work on a plain Astra 19.2E receiver. You may also be able to pick up the channel on an Austrian VPN but I haven’t tried it yet.

Anyway, the match is definitely listed on RTL+ and also on Magenta channel 41:

https://plus.rtl.de/video-tv/live/fussball/lask-vs-fc-liverpool-21-09-2023-888530

This is available on a 6,99€ pro monat subscription which can be cancelled monthly. That seems very reasonable compared to DAZN although it is not guaranteed (although still likely) that all our games are televised. I did see a special offer somewhere to get it for around 43€ for the year but I can’t find that at the moment.

3 Likes

I’ll be missing the first half of this one annoyingly.

Virgil to start and captain the team I suspect. Would expect a good mix of players for this, but it will be stronger than some of the line ups I’ve seen banded around.

Up crazy early Friday for just about the hardest day’s work you can do. I wish we’d missed out on CL qualification and could have early games on Thursdays.

Starz Reaction GIF by Blindspotting

In the last few years, not a lot actually. We’ve picked loads of weak teams that have ended up doing the business themselves. The reserves against Everton at Anfield and the children against Shrewsbury at Anfield are probably the best examples.

We picked some very weak teams in the cup competitions in 21/22 and it probably enabled us to stretch ourselves so far in the league and CL.

1 Like

When you say permission you mean like pay me alot of money right

1 Like

I expect us to win even with a weaker line up. No disrespect to LASK or the EL, but our “reserves” should be able to bring home a result. Mind you players such as Kostas, Endo, Elliot, Gomez, Gravenberch, Jota and Gapko would probably be starters in most EL teams.

But that’s not really the point as far as I’m concerned. At this moment our focus should be on the league. We need our strongest line up against West Ham and Spurs. A “weaker” line up against Leicester (with the big guns on the bench to enter if needed). For this game I’d prefer that some starters didn’t even travel to Austria. Let’s grind our a result and if we fuck up (which I don’t think we will), we can still fix it in the remaining fixtures.

3 Likes