Pre- In- and Post-Match: LASK vs Liverpool, September 21 Thursday 17:45

Liverpool’s men’s team will wear the club’s new Nike third kit for the first time in Thursday’s Europa League tie with LASK.

The Reds will debut the fresh design for 2023-24 as they get their Group E campaign under way in a 5.45pm BST kick-off at Raiffeisen Arena.

You’ve had the kit redecorated!..I don’t like It.

Apparently, LASK play in black and white stripes (Newcastle style) so god knows why we have to revert to that monstrosity.

1 Like

Much prefer that than playing in anything green that’s for sure

1 Like

We’ll probably wear it 2-3 times this season in lesser games purely for promotion and it’ll be forgotten soon in the sea of those “meh” shirts.

:joy:

1 Like

Does it come with a matching man bag?

2 Likes

the hangover GIF

I loved this kit

6 Likes

Ughhh, nope not feeling that 1 bit…hate that addidas logo for 1 and hate you have the LFC crest right underneath…down the bleeding center and why did we have what looked like kinesio tape sticking out from the sides. Oh no no no.

This is the kit.

1 Like

That was my first Liverpool kit.

I only ever fell in love with one Adidas one and that was the Gold and black one.

The black goalie top around that time was nice mind.

Snap, bought mine the morning of the 86 cup final, shirt shorts and socks for £32 :slight_smile:

Full kit wnkr. :wink::joy:

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Did that once as a teenager. The stick I got…never again :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Has the squad left for Austria :austria:?

1 Like

I just looked it up, where LASK are from! I didn’t know.

I would expect them to be organized and fighting hard, as a team like Liverpool doesn’t come to town often. It’s a great opportunity for them to test themselves.

On our end we will presumably rotate quite a bit, to help more of our players see meaningful action. As we do that it will open the door for us to not be at our best, and I expect a fair few group stage performances to be ones where we stumble along, but ultimately do enough to advance to the sharp end of the tourney.

We might click into gear on some occasions too, but I expect Klopp to see it as an opportunity for some of the squad to play, and grow, and so with that we should adjust expectations accordingly.

I think we will see a bit of a mixed bag - flashes of quality that teams in the Europa can’t live with, but plenty of huffing and puffing too, as we ultimately advance and click into gear.

1 Like

I remember a bloke at Swansea running down the aisle at half time in a full kit with Astro turf boots on, said to my mate he’s coming on second half.

Fuck it, I’ve been impulsive today and booked my Flights and Hotel for Dublin for the final, while they are still cheap and available.

It will be a good piss up regardless, but even better if the Redmen make it.

11 Likes

…and we can blame you for jinxing it, if we don’t :innocent:

4 Likes

I did it while registering for Bobby Charlton Soccer School when I was about 5. Some old fella made a comment to my mum about it not being the right kit in these parts and was quickly met with the response to go fuck himself

Poor Bobby has never been the same since.

2 x 5 a side games tonight, counted 7 full grown men in shirts, shorts and matching socks. Frightening. 2 of them were Liverpool fans too :weary:

I’ve not bought a clubs shorts or socks in years.