Pre- In- and Post-Match: LASK vs Liverpool, September 21 Thursday 17:45

If we do play a much changed team having the senior players be there on the trip and in the changing room will make it feel like more a real first team game. If you are looking to use this as a learning experience for younger players it needs to feel real to be valuable.

It also allows us to use lots of subs in a productive way. If we’re already starting a weakened team then we’ll have no where to go with a bench if we dont take the senior players. Many of them could probably get value out of 20 mins or so in their legs as well.

4 Likes

They’ve not travelled as yet?

Indications are Thaigo (injured) and Clark (playing for U21s) miss out.

My Nephews booked a room in Paris as soon as the venue was changed from Kyiv. A week or two before the final the hotel cancelled their room and lied the price by about 400%. :rage::nerd_face:

2 Likes

LASK team news by WhoScored:

• The home side are without Tobias Anselm, Yannis Letard and Adil Taoui, all three of whom are recovering from ACL injuries.
  • Lenny Pintor is sidelined with a muscle issue.
  • Roma loanee Ebrima Darboe is yet to be passed as fully fit and will likely start from the bench here.

Elliott missing from this as well for some reason? they’ve put Gravenberch twice though so may an error.

Based on this, my prediction would be:

Kelleher
Gomez
Quansah
Matip
Tsimikas
Endo
Gravenberch
Jones
Doak
Nunez
Diaz

1 Like

Confirmed list

Liverpool squad for LASK: Alisson, Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Jones, Gakpo, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Robertson, Matip, Gravenberch, Bajcetic, Doak, Jaros, Kelleher, Quansah.

Notable absentees are Thiago and Trent. Elliot there, expect TIA piece contains a typo as he would have trained.

5 Likes

Well, i hope that they’re not travelling to Australia :joy:

What’s all this crap with “Mosalah” as one word?

Sounds like something I might order at my local Indian restaurant. Although not as hot.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/live/gI3YODLzf-0?si=b8jTFUuOMVBEMwdz

UEFA Press conference Europa League

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1704562257361859027

1 Like

Ich lerne Deutsch aber sie sprechen zu schnell für mich, kann jemand das für mich übersetzen?

1 Like

Every question in German was translated to English afterwards. Klopp even apologized to the interpreter afterwards for his a bit too long answers. :sweat_smile:

Jürgen’s answers are always too long. He goes on more than the proverbial mother in law.

1 Like

That’s virg starting tomorrow then

Jurgen purposely vague about team starters, going on about “putting a strong team”,”not disrespecting EL”, etc. etc.
Regardless, I would hope to see the following players start : Elliott, Kelleher, Tsimikas, Endo, Quansah and Doak. Just to rotate and rest players for Sunday’s game.

1 Like

Think we will see a rather strong side. Joe probably plays full 90 as only RB available. Like to see Robbo and Szobo get a rest. Virg and Ibou could do with some game fitness, and if Quansah got a little knock, I’d guess he would rest. That said, my first XI:

Kelleher, Joe, Ibou, Virg, Tsimi, Harvey, Macca, Gravenberch, Mo, Cody, Diaz

Subs:

Endo-Macca
Joel-Ibou
Doak-Mo
Curtis/Baj-Harvey/Gravy
Jota/Darwin/Diaz

Also, would not be surprised to see Ali play…give Kelleher all the Cup games.

1 Like

Still over 3hrs to go till kick off…

Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

I’ll be happy with a 75% team and any victory. Just 3 points and no injuries please.

1 Like

An early kick off? Well, that just fucked my day right off.

Commences panicked rescheduling of meetings to open up a midday gap

Won’t make it home until 730. Gotta decide if I try to avoid my phone, get home and watch the full match (got it set to record), or do I just not bother and wait for the highlights later on.