Pre/In-Match | Crystal Palace vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 7 | Saturday October 5th 12:30h

Apart from more golas they play from the back through midfield has been top notch

That pass from Tsimikas deserves to be considered as an assist

3 Likes

A very good half overall, we’re not going to create a hatful of chances like we did under Klopp but we should be 2 goals to the good. Jota really had to convert.

Been most impressed with the guys that have come into the side.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I have to agree. He’s been a weak link. Not surprising that Virg had a go at him.

There’s this guy Gravenberch, he’s pretty good. This other guy, Diogo, is a Slotta. Referee is a fat arse.

1 Like

We showing good desperation to tackle and win back the ball hence some yellows. I’m worried about this dodge ref to really hurt us.

1 Like

Love passes like that which splits the defense. Mq
MacAllister usually the ones who picks it but was so nicely done by Kostas. Perfectly weighted

2 Likes

Using the Clattenburg approach to refereeing that will be one on his mind he needs to balance out in the second half. Probably with a nonsense couple of yellows for Jota the independent key events panel will rule was a bad call. But you know, it all equals out over a season.

1 Like

go back to sleep. game does not start for another 2 hours

1 Like

The assist before the assist

So much was so good from us that first half. The passing, possession, control over the game. The main blot in the copy book is we didn’t add a second, at least, given our dominance. As Palace showed at the end of the half, they do have a couple of players who can hurt anybody, so we really need to be adding a second goal before this is anything like comfortable.

Still, great half, 1-0 up, let’s see what happens next. I expect Palace to come out fired up and trying to get level. We need to match that intensity and let our quality be the difference.

Final half time word goes to Hooper. Nope. No. No. Why was he giving them so many free kicks? Our games appear to be getting refereed by a different standard. Teams are just falling over and the ref is all too happy to blow his whistle. It is compounded with a couple of ridiculous yellow cards for nothing.

Regroup, have a breather, and make sure we score the next goal, and the game should be put to bed.

But we are not there yet.

HT 0 - 1:

One of the best starts I’ve witnessed from this team. The one nil lead is the least our lads deserve for their relentless performance. The goal was a masterwork of collective work, brillant!

So far so good, but anyone who thinks that the three points are a foregone conclusion, look at that last chance from Crystal Palace, and how they cut through our defence with ease. All it needs is one of these moves finishing off, and all the good previous work will be for nothing.

So, the only problem we have is our chance-conversion ratio. It needs to be far better. Maybe bringing in a bit of fresh blood during the second half will help our lads maintaining the energy and pace of the game. Crystal Palace will hopefully tire down from running all the time behind the ball, so that should help create openings for Salah and co. But take them, please! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

We need another.

4 Likes

My wife’s take on the match:

Why are they playing at some little village ground?

What do you mean, it holds about 25,000.

Well it looks like it’s off Ted Lasso or something…

9 Likes

The ref will be the problem second half :pensive: :rage:

Palace have had 11 free kicks and we had zero.
Corruption is there to see.

3 Likes

Other than the shocking lack of connection from Jota, I’m not sure we’ve had any other particular clear chances. Lots of pressure, lots of good football and mini openings, but nothing that by itself would really move the xG tally unless Im forgetting something.

Give this clown half a chance and he’ll have the red card out. He’s diabolical.

HT 0-1

Early warning with the offside, then in complete domination until the final few minutes. Jota with a Romario-like goal, and we probably should be two up but Diogo messed up unexpectedly.

Mateta will come on in the second, and will be a threat, so need to be switched on. Be professional, Slot likes to make changes at around 57 minutes, and grab a second to finish the game.

2 Likes

You are right, but Jota really had to take it.