Pre/In-Match: Liverpool v AFC Bournmouth Sat 21st September, 15:00

It’s about time that someone put this up.

It’s a 3pm Saturday kick off so won’t be on the telly for UK viewers. I’d suspect that we will be nearer to last season’s 3:1 victory than the previous year’s 9:0.

Bournemouth are middling so far this this season with draws against Forest and Newcastle, a loss to Chelsea, and a comical victory against Everton.

The press conference is Friday at 9am:

It will be interesting to see how Slot approaches his team selection following a European game. The next game is on Wednesday in the League Cup so I would ecpect him to rotate there if needed. We will see.

6 Likes

I’m sure that Arne and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

8 Likes

I expect a strong line up again. We played Tuesday evening, so the players will have had 3 full days rest - save the heavy rotation for the West Ham cup game midweek, and have them all ready for Wolves away the week after.

Robbo and Diaz back in from the start. Everything else as was, unless required due to a fitness issue.

Ali, Trent, Ibou, Virgil, Robbo, Gravenberch, Macca, Szobozlai, Mo, Jota, Diaz.

Gakpo played really well against AC Milan, but you’d not want to leave Diaz out again realistically. Maybe Slot mixes it up and gives Nunez a go from the start, but I’d leave that for the cup game

2 Likes

I am a Liverpool fan, thus Liverpool will win.

2 Likes

So what happened last Saturday? Did you temporarily start supporting Forest?

4 Likes

I did, there was a moment of weakness. I suddenly felt a voice telling me to support Forest on the 72nd minute, I succumbed to it and they scored.

3 Likes

These are gonna be a much sterner test than what Milan were.

No midweek fixture for them to contend with so we get to see another side to the Arne era in how we deal with 3 games in 7 days.

Robbo and Diaz back in and Jota to make way for literally anyone.

1 Like

@mods ban please.

1 Like

Gakpo definitely deserves a start. Maybe in place of Jota down the middle but swapping with Diaz during the game?
We’re spoiled for choice

2 Likes

Let’s just hope the fans make a bit of noise for a change because so far this season the atmosphere has been pretty poor.
Slot must wonder what all the hype was about, Anfield isn’t a patch on what he’s used to at feyenoord!

3 Likes

Gasband get back on your medication. We can’t afford to be giving away points like that!

1 Like

Grav and Macca’s minutes need to be carefully managed for this one. Can’t afford to lose either.

2 Likes

Yep. But Gakpo had also played two 90 min matches for his national side last week and put in a shift on Tues too, not that he can replace either of them. Endo starts against West Ham forsure, along with Jones so that pair get the rest.

Basically everyone will need managing…but Slot and his staff are supposedly good at that part.

Programme cover for tomorrow’s game:

2 Likes

Highlights from Slot’s press conference:

• Forest won because they defend well.
  • Darwin will score if he plays. He is fitter now.
  • Bournemouth play football. High press may offer oporunities and threats.
  • Alisson a doubt. Harvey Elliott definitely out.
  • Alisson has muscle issue. Problem was before AC Milan game. Tomorrow’s match may be too early for him.
  • Good relationship with Richard Hughes.
  • Slot prefers to play against a low block because of high possession.
  • No big difference in schedules compared to Dutch league aside from League Cup. Christmas schedule is biggest difference.
  • Planning for season taken into account.
  • Anfield atmosphere: fans need something to get behind team. Might help players if fans make more noise.
7 Likes

To be perfectly honest, the Alisson news was the only thing of interest. Half the time, I think the coaches could stick their dogs in front of the camera and you would get more insight!

1 Like

Arne already noticing that 3pm KOs at Anfield absolutely suck atmosphere wise.

1 Like

Am I mis-remembering or didn’t he play the Milan game? I guess Kelleher’s words are really powerful…

Yes, he mentioned Alisson having a muscle issue in passing and elaborated later to say that it was an issue before the AC Milan game.

Interesting that he could play the Milan game but is a doubt for this one.