Pre/In-Match: Liverpool v AFC Bournmouth Sat 21st September, 15:00

Time to rest Jota he’s been really poor last couple of games, throw Darwin in for his first start of the season. Shame Alisson has more injury problems but Kelleher is more than capable of doing the job.

9 Likes

Would prefer to give Gakpo a start over Nunez

That last response :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

14 Likes

Often forgotten that he missed the first 8 (7.5) games of the title-winning season when he slipped taking a goal kick. I just looked to see if that was a hamstring, too, but that was a calf. To me it seems like he’s been present for most of the big moments but it is kind of staggering how many games he’s missed over the years.

I still think we’d have won the double in the title season had he not been absent for the Atletico games.

3 Likes

Surely the biggest problem was that we couldn’t finish our chances more than anything else?

4 Likes

Yep. We squandered over thirty chances over the two legs.

But it’s far easier to blame our backup goalkeeper for a mistake that wouldn’t have happened if it hadn’t gone to extra time in the first place.

3 Likes

To an extent, yes. But this is Atletico we’re talking about. The masters of shithouse football.

We had a lot of chances - but Atletico knew if they could frustrate us, which they did, we had a dodgy keeper liable to throw in an error at some point.

It wasn’t just Madrid that sensed a weakness. I think it permeated through our team too.

2 Likes

If the title winning season hadn’t stopped due to Covid he would have missed the last 11 league games of that season too after picking up a hip injury.

1 Like

That’s just painting a narrative over however. Alisson also makes loads of dodgy errors.

Did we have good chances to score? We did. Should we have scored from them? We should.

Maybe you felt differently, but I vividly remember watching those games and coming away thinking we really should have scored way more than we did. Our finishing was so wayward those two games.

1 Like

On form how could you not start Gakkers, the Big G, The Gak or The Gakman.

When forwards are high on confidence and form just start em.

3 Likes

Gakman. Not the hero we deserve but the hero we need.

I hope it’s been noticed how much his form has improved since ‘everyone’ started calling him Gakkers?

Just saying…

9 Likes

Gakkers and Nezza upfront for me. Nezza with a worldie to justify his new anglicised moniker.

I went to school with a Nezza. I think he’s a bit past it now.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t it be Nakkers? :thinking:

1 Like

No , that is already in use ; Gakkers the Dog’s Nakkers.

1 Like

Urban Dictionary: Gakker

2 Likes

Well, at least @Bekloppt now knows why the brothers were giving him the slant eye when he yelled that out.

2 Likes