Pre/In-Match | RB Leipzig vs Liverpool | CL Matchday 3 | Wednesday October 23rd 20:00h

Next stop is Eastern Germany and the Red Bull Arena to play the disgusting fizzy drink vendors.

Will Jürgen be in the stands to see his new employers pet project?

Regardless, here is the placeholder for Arne Slot’s pre-match press conference which will take place at 18:30 tomorrow night:

7 Likes

Smash 'em, they’re shit?

11 Likes

Looking forward to this challenge, this could well prove to be one of the toughest away games we’ll play this season.

Leipzig are going strong, joint top and unbeaten just like Bayern. Not blowing away teams but conceding very few goals, much like us.

Would like to see Kostas and Endo come in for this one, Fede too if he’s alive.

I’m going for a low scoring draw.

2 Likes

Potentially tricky this one, as I like this season’s Leipzig and recently also. More than some of their previous teams. Focus goes to what Dortmund and Leverkusen are doing, but Leipzig are there. They seem more settled and decided in a lot of positions, some exciting talents and partnerships on the pitch, combining different qualities.

Some really juicy games and opponents in next weeks.

1 Like

2 Likes

Slot’s first real test.

8 Likes

@SBYM, stop trolling @Alright_Now_Legend

3 Likes

He only shows up when we’re losing.

3 Likes

Given we face Arsenal at the weekend, I’d expect a few changes.

Trent has a minor issue so maybe Gomez in at RB. Kostas LB, and then prob Virgil and Quansah CBs, with Virgil off at 60ish.

In the middle, Jones, Macca and Endo would be my starting three.

Then probably Nunez, Gakpo and Salah or Diaz. Chuck Diaz RW if need be.

Ideally we can keep Gravenberch away from this game, along with Robbo and Trent.

With Szoboszlai and Konate we have two former Leipzig players in our team.
I’m already curious how tey perform😊

Just putting the German hatred aside for these guys for a minute…fair play to them for continuing to be decent after all the player sales over the years. We have helped ourselves to 3 of them. Sesko the next big sale but they keep finding them.

So with that in mind this could be rather challenging as they have looked good this year.

Guesswork on the team but maybe Joe and Endo get time.

Luckily Klopp doesn’t start until January and no where near the ground as that would feel weird.

Missing an apostrophe.

Ban.

7 Likes

Obviously we want to win every game. Qualifying automatically for the CL knockout will knock a couple of games off the schedule and would be very welcome.

And yet… we have a huge game against Arsenal coming up in the Prem.

So, all things considered, I see a bit of rotation for Leipzig and a score draw in the CL, then on to the Arsenal game.

Could be wrong, but that’s how I see this one playing out. If we get a win I’ll take it!

Absolutely. If we win our final 3 CL games then this plus Real and Xabi at home are ‘free hits’ mainly for seeding. Expect we’ll see changes but winning is a habit and I think Arne will want a strong team in the pinnacle competition (although we all want another PL first)

1 Like

I’d forgotten that the Deppenapostroph was now official.

2 Likes

Don’t think we rotate that much. Diaz start for sure, but I think Konate and Gravenberch still start.

1 Like

Not being German, but wasn’t it also called the Deppenkatastrophe?

2 Likes

Probably, I couldn’t remember offhand but it was on the news a couple of weeks back.

1 Like

And even then, he comes too early!

1 Like

You’re thinking of Quickie.

Aka @Quicksand

2 Likes