Pre Match | Ajax Amsterdam vs. Liverpool | CL Matchday 1 | Wednesday October 21st 20:00h | Johan-Cruyff-Arena

Thiago is no surprise, but it’s weird that nobody mentions Tsimikas.

So it should be Fabinho at LCB, either Keita or Milner in midfield and possibly one of Phillips/R. Williams on the bench.

1 Like

I think Matip’s contract should be reviewed and replaced with one were he only gets paid per game. This would then only cost the club about £2.50 a year!

2 Likes

Matip must be related to Sturridge and Fabio Aurelio. Could be great players if they had bones stronger than a bag of crisps.

3 Likes

Such a shame that this game is (almost) without fans in the stadium. Dutch fans are able to create special athmosphere.

1 Like

Smoky and high?

6 Likes

No Antony, they think it is COVID young fast Brazil player, it will hurt them

Aren’t they all young and fast in that squad?
Of course they are not all Brazillian at least I don’t think so.

Promes (Dutch) is but that is all he is. Neres (Brazil) can play is not slow but the former Southampton winger who will play as a number 9 tomorrow Tadic and Huntelaar are not.

In midfield they have Klaassen who could not get a start at Everton if his life depended on it,Martinéz DM who has no speed and a talented young guy named Timber, I hear he can play a bit.

In defence two CD, Schuurs and Blind who are really slow and two fullbacks who are not slow and not fast. The goalkeeper is Onana a good one just an annoying prick who plays for time.

Basically, they have 2 fast guys.

Normally they play a high line in the Mickey Mouse league but the results and the way they play so far are not great. With our speed up front, I expect them to take a more cautious approach to the match.

2 Likes

Thanks I have an idea who to watch now.

1 Like
1 Like

Not watching the press conference but read the live updates on the Echo.

Looks like Klopp has never been in a worse mood since joining us.

1 Like

The questions are ridiculous… Klopp is quite annoyed meanwhile

2 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

I love that he didn’t beat around the bush. He’s reeling now, but hope we get the angry Gini tomorrow.

6 Likes

As was the worry with the summer business, we’re only one injury to someone other than Matip away from being down to bare bones at the back.

Now Fabinho is pulled out of midfield and we’re having to juggle round options in there to try and make this work. Very concerning but unfortunately highly predictable.

Starting to think we need to give Bobby a bit of an extended break. He really seems to be have been a bit off his best for some time now.

1 Like

After a horrible defeat and a draw that felt even worse, we are due for a win 2-4.

1 Like

On the Jurgen interview… Sounds like Carragher is starting to get under his skin…!

1 Like

I think Fabinho will play all the group stage games at CB. Pointless risking Matip so just give him the PL games. We have more than enough cover in midfield to cover for Fab and I’d be tempted to rest him in the PL as much as possible to minimise the possibility of him getting a knock.
I’d go Hendo, Milner and Gini in the middle tomorrow and hopefully Keita and Jones can get some game time.
Go all out for the win and try to qualify as early as possible, being able to rest players for the last couple of games would be a real bonus given our defensive situation.

1 Like

Adrian
TAA Fab Gomez Robbo
Hendo Gini Milner
Mo Bobby Mane

1 Like