Pre Match: Arsenal v. Liverpool, 2015 UTC, Wednesday 16 March 2022 (Premier League)

Somewhere…in a jail far away…a former AFTV star is saying:

“Nah, blud. Nah nah nah. They’re killin me Robbie…right here.”

Mane finished the game on the right yesterday, which he played the full season before Salah came. Yes he’s been paying centrally recently, but Bobby and Jota are back. Diaz is (quickly) learning the ropes on the left in Klopp’s system.

I’d be absolutely amazed to see Taki lining up there if Salah is out, as I can’t see us benching two of Mane, Jota, Bobby, or Diaz.

4 Likes

Jota’s form has dropped a fair bit lately no goals in 7 games.

1 Like

Sell.

2 Likes

Problem with these stats is this in that 7 matches he missed two with injury and returned for the final which he looked sluggish and it runs like this…

Sub
Started - Injured (subbed half time)
Sub
Started
Sub
Started
Sub

It’s not really the drop you suggest, based on that he starts I reckon as there is a pattern and Klopp will do so.

2 Likes

I’d start Jots down the middle, with Diaz and Mane down either wing. Blitz them early, then properly manage the game, maybe bring Bobby on.

1 Like

Not sure what this is telling me about Arsenal that I didn’t know, they are a quick counter attacking side but the defense can be cut open.

Trent was slightly back against Martinelli in the last game I’d go with that again.

1 Like

I like that their tails are up…They need to go all in to attack us like crazy.

5 Likes

Williams training with the squad again, have not seen him for a while, Kanaté still out or could it be even worse …

Liverpool squad in training on Monday

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian, Pitaluga, Karius

Defenders: Van Dijk, Matip, Konate, Gomez, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, R. Williams

Midfielders: Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elliott

Forwards: Diaz, Mane, Jota, Firmino, Minamino, Origi

7 Likes

So Konate was there then?

2 Likes

No Salah…

Copied that from an This is Anfield article.

1 Like

No Salah doesn’t surprise me even if it’s short term, guess we may know more tomorrow at Klopp’s pressie tomorrow.

No, he is not in the trainings photo’s either.

1 Like

Anyone know if Morton and Clarkson would usually be in first-team training?

Morton has appeared on the bench so makes sense to be fair, clarkson less so but I wonder if they maybe in line for the Forest game, I don’t expect wholesale changes but Klopp might put some of them on the bench instead of those who have played lots of minutes. Especially Morton who I think made the Norwich bench (though we were missing 3).

No Tsimikas :flushed:

Or Milner. I wonder if they caught Covid. Unlikely the would be starting on Wednesday anyway, but I hope they will be okay until the Forrest game.

That means Gomez surely has a place on the bench on Wednesday to cover for both fullbacks?

1 Like

…not running down the wing…

2 Likes