Pre Match: Arsenal v. Liverpool, 2015 UTC, Wednesday 16 March 2022 (Premier League)

Is Karius going to find another club? Seeing his name in training is like finding out that tax office still have a fax number.

5 Likes

Assume Tsimkas and Milner are Covid related theyā€™ve appeared up to now.

However with the 5 day thing they are fine as long as it doesnā€™t drag.

1 Like

Fuck. The tension around this one suddenly went up a notch.

6 Likes

Nah; itā€™s still the same.

We need to win every game.

11 Likes

I think the mood has just gone from there a chance to fuck me, itā€™s on

3 Likes

Arsenal will be tough. I consider them Man City allys and Arteta wants to succeed Pep.

6 Likes

Fully agreed. Arteta will want to use this opportunity to show both his current and future employers he is their man.
On the other hand, if he goes all gung ho to attack us, it may just play into our hands.

2 Likes

I have to admit that somehow Iā€™m more nervous of this game now than I was before City dropped points last night.

For some reason I keep thinking back to 2009. Obviously it was a lot later in the season but there was a weekend not long after weā€™d won 4-1 at Old Trafford, followed by a very late winner at Fulham and the pressure was mounting on United.

They played Villa that Sunday. There were no streaming apps on phones back then so while I was at work I just kept checking the score. When I finished working it looked like Villa were going to win. Ten minutes later I got home and fecking Macheda had gone and won it for United.

Up until that part of the game United were letting themselves down and Iā€™m still convinced that if Villa won that game weā€™d have won the league. Unfortunately after that United managed to get momentum going again.

I feel like this game is something similar. If we win we keep our momentum going and can start really putting the pressure on this City team, especially as weā€™ve now got a better goal difference. Something that I donā€™t think even the optimistic of us believed possible after we lost to Leicester.

But if we lose or even draw on Wednesday night I feel that City will take heart from that as a massive bonus and just the mental state of them dropping points only to see us fail to capitalise could give them a large boost going into the remainder of the season.

3 Likes

Couldnā€™t even bring myself to watch the second half of that last night. The next game is all that matters now. Anyone whoā€™s watched Arsenal recently knows they havenā€™t suddenly become a great side. If weā€™re on it from the start we should tear them apart.

4 Likes

This is gonna be a tough game.
We need to start fast as Arsenal are playing well.

Lots of twists and turns left and both us and city will drop points over next 10 games.

Looks like Salah will miss this one as not been training but we can cope.

1 Like

Actually, itā€™ll be interesting to see how we cope without him. Even if heā€™s not playing particularly well, the opposition are always obsessed with him and flood that side.

1 Like

Presser is today so weā€™ll probably know more about Salah and the rest.

If Salah is out, then Iā€™d go Diaz on the left, Mane on the right, and then whoever looks sharpest in training out of Jota and Bobby through the middle.

Whatā€™s the odds on Xhaka/Arses getting another red?

2 Likes

Arsenal fans riding high based on recent performances. We should firmly remind them of their place.

1 Like

Thinking of the positive side, itā€™s a chance for Mane to step out of his shadow and make that right hand side his own.

1 Like

We just need to remember how good a team we areā€¦
Arsenal will be up for it but when play starts and they chasing the ball all over the pitchā€¦ realisation will strike home
We are a fantastic team with an absolute genius manager and backroom staff on the side-lines kicking and heading every ball with themā€¦
If Pep hasnā€™t already started losing sleepā€¦ he will be after dropping points again last night

2 Likes

Totally agree Scheme. I also remember watching the second half of that Villa v man U game and despairing when Macheda got their winner. With the team situation as it was, I thought that the best chance I had seen in 18 years of us winning the league was gone and I wasnā€™t sure Iā€™d see another. Before that the most devastated Iā€™d been was watching ManU win the CL in 99 (when we couldnā€™t even qualify for the thing) and the Spice Boys cup final in 92. Fucking ManUtd hey. Arsenal '89 was before my time but that would probably take the cake for drama but the disappointment would at least be tempered by the fact weā€™d won so many titles before and were expected to win many more.

2 Likes

Yeah, that one still rankles. Up there with that Kompany 30-yard strike.

You escaped the pain then. My fav player John Barnes loses the ball, and next thing you know, theyā€™ve gone up field, and everyone knows the rest.

The white suits was 96. 1992 was Mark Wright and ā€œYou fucking beauty!ā€ in front of the royal that handed him the trophy.

2 Likes

These days Ray Houghton would have taken Mickey Thomas out and taken the red.

3 Likes

Of course - 92 was Sunderland and the first trophy I celebrated. Meant '96 - the 90s were a desolate ManU wasteland.

2 Likes