Pre Match: Arsenal v. Liverpool, 2015 UTC, Wednesday 16 March 2022 (Premier League)

Just on that 1996 final, (sorry last time hijacking this thread) but listen to Robbie and Macca - I know it was a different world pre Wenger etc but we just don’t sound like a team with the right mentality here:

3 Likes

I’ll agree with all the games (heartaches) you’ve mentioned and add the 77 FA Cup final. That one absolutely gutted me. :rage:

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

2 Likes

The almost treble

1 Like

That Macheda cunt still hurts. He got another accidental winner in the next league game. Precisely 4 points we were off that title, the best title challenge of a team led by Rafa. And that Macheda disappeared ever after. Utter cunt.

Good I wasn’t born yet during the 1989 Arsenal game.

3 Likes

Well let’s stop on all the heartbreaks (maybe we need another thread “False dawns”?). I bet Klopp will be asked at the press conference today about the Palace-Cheaty draw. And he will answer something like: “For us, nothing changed really. We have to focus on ourselves, we have to win our games, starting with a very difficult game tomorrow.” That is the right mindset.

6 Likes

Mo is ready to train according to Klopp.

6 Likes

Ibou is back.

Milner and Kostas are out with illness.

6 Likes

Is Mo is ready, he starts.

If Mo can’t start, it’s Mane and Diaz for sure (for me) and then between Jota and Bobby.

In the second scenario, I must admit I like Bobby from the start here.

3 Likes

You have to love that about Mo. He’s always ready to train :+1:

2 Likes

Good news on the squad front (Salah and Konate) and hopefully Tsimkas and Milner are just positive tests nothing more if so they should be available for Sunday.

1 Like

Haha @Walshy07

2 Likes

Lads, there’s a football game on tonight. Can’t wait. I love watching football. I love watching Liverpool. I really love watching this Liverpool. Bring it on.

12 Likes

I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be a thriller. They’re in form, like to attack, have a CL place to play for. We’re in form, like to attack, have a quadruple to play for and are the greatest club in the history of world football.

Should be a cracker :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Mane’s got a great record against the gunners , Jota’s scored against them too , Bobby’s record against them is also great.

Doubt we’ll miss Salah

Start with Jota Bobby Mane and get in Diaz in the second half

1 Like

They can afford to lose this one and still qualify for top 4 with ease.

2 Likes

Whoever plays centrally, I want the player to bully them in that zone between their CB’s and two CM’s. They do get a lot of extra support with Odegaard and Lacazette. The strength of this current Arsenal is that the front players don’t forget what’s behind them. And then the wide players, Saka and Martinelli have that freedom to attack in behind, both in and out of possession. We need a much better performance from our central man than what we had in large spells in the two games against Inter. It’s why I probably wouldn’t play Jota centrally tonight, but either Mane or Bobby. Since Salah is probably fit to start, then the other two will probably be Diaz and Mane. Looking forward to Diaz giving Soares (Tomiyasu is out) all sorts of problems and force Saka to defend more on that side.

2 Likes

I want us to start aggressive.

1 Like

The trend of late is to start slow, feel our way into games and start to take control around the 15-20min mark.

With an eye on the City game, where we could find ourselves goal down if we’re not quick off the mark, I’d like us to try and assert ourselves a bit quicker

5 Likes

Not so sure about that. Aren’t all their games in hand against tough teams ?

1 Like

Just as well, really, because they’re going to get mullered.

5 Likes