Pre Match: Aston Villa v. Liverpool, 1730 UTC, Monday 26 December 2022 (Premier League)

Is Mrs C ok then…has she recovered before you.

Liverpool will be without at least seven senior players for the restart of the Premier League season:

• James Milner
• Roberto Firmino
• Luis Diaz
• Diogo Jota
• Arthur Melo
• Ibou Konate
• Curtis Jones.

A new 7-2 maybe? That would put us in a great shape for the second part of the season… :wink: :rofl:

No we’re both still not well. I had it first getting a Ricky throat last Friday. Mrs C’s started on Thursday. We’ve both had our COVID and Flu jabs and Mrs C has had her pneumonia jab so hopefully this bug will be out of our systems soon. COYR YNWA :+1::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Grandson now has runny nose and sneezing…I had these symptons last week…weird bug it is…not quite flu, but u feel rubbish…mester wilkored08 says…keep up with the hot toddys…i just drank tea…and loads of it…take care both…

2 Likes

Hope you both get better soon, mate. :+1:

1 Like

Our season starts now. Hold on to your hats and believe, regardless of who’s down and out.

2 Likes

Nothing new here then.

Ox is going to start this at No.9 is my shout. Darwin left, Mo right.

Does Melo count?

That or

Alisson
Trent Matip VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Salah Nunez Tsimikas

1 Like

Surely some must be due back.

To be honest you assume two of them to be out anyhow.

The only surprise it’s not got more of the traditional names.

Doubt we will Konate until Brentford.

Referee: Paul Tierney. Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, James Mainwaring. Fourth official: Thomas Bramall. VAR: Simon Hooper. Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

Not a clue what to expect, here is to hoping for a win :clinking_glasses:

A gust of wind to knock a Villa player over outside the box, penalty to Villa.

1 Like

I do.

A shit refereeing performance…helped by shit linesmans, shit 4th official and shit VAR.

With another shitty performance by our players in the first place.

I’ve completely lost track of the days and got in a panic about 20 minutes ago when the TV guide didn’t come up with our game showing tonight (obviously).

That mild panic aside, it felt strangely emancipating to have lost track like so. Merry Christmas everyone.

1 Like

Just get there three points, however they come. Ideally on top of that we see some good patterns of play and start to move through the gears, as we have barely reached our level this season. Probably too much to ask for that first game back.

Instead, let’s see Salah and Nunez work well together, looking for each other, and causing teams a lot of problems.

3-1 Liverpool.
Nunez brace. His star starts to rise.
Salah gets his goal too.

1 Like

This is Anfield is predicting a start for Ox - oh dear :see_no_evil: