Pre Match: Aston Villa v. Liverpool, 1730 UTC, Monday 26 December 2022 (Premier League)

I think my current malady is messing with mind but why are we breaking so many of our players? On the flip side our two constant sicknotes are both “fit” and probable starters!!!

1 Like

He was doing fine as a false 9 against Milan.

Could see both Elliott and Carvalho dropped to the bench for this one.

I’d rather see Ox in the front 3 than Elliot or Carvalho, albeit none of the 3 options are particularly good.

1 Like

You may want to remember to breathe mate

I chose to be happy and excited about a Boxing Day classic clash to get my mind off of the atrocities happening all over the world

It’ll be a great day even if we don’t win, as our leader starts our season again

5 Likes

Don’t understand being so pessimestic, personally. I’m just happy there is a game of football on that isn’t a outright abuse of human rights.

8 Likes

A win, a clean sheet and no injuries will do.
2-0 reds.

2 Likes

5 Likes

It’s the hope that kills you :tired_face:

Any update on which players are definitely out?

The 7 i mentioned above. :grinning:

Have we forgotten that Ox came in this time last year when Salah and Mane were away at AFCON. Generally did well and netted a couple of crucial goals.

It’s maddening how so many of you delight in slagging off our lads.

This is like years ago when we we’re carrying lads like Jovanovic and Poulson. These are all good footballers.

5 Likes

No delight in slagging them off. Actually not even criticizing him. Clubs at fault for the situation we are in.

I’ve defended Ox and Keita for a very long time.

Jota was suggested by Pep Ljinders was ahead of the time frame. Nothing on Diaz, hasn’t actually been anything official since he was ruled out.

Milner and Firmino a couple of games according to Klopp so maybe Brentford. Konate out for this will start training tomorrow so a maybe for Friday.

Nunez has done more in 6 months here than Ox has in about 6 years and Nunez gets more stick. Amazing really.

Haven’t we sold Nunez already after Thursday, I think that was the general consensus on Twitter.

You don’t half post some rubbish.

1 Like

Ffs you.

5 years then.

Good luck and Merry Christmas everyone !
Not going to watch since I am visiting a friend to play board games.

Looking forward to getting the proper footy going again. Come on Liverpool!

If Ox gets the nod to play, good luck to him. I will support him and back him, and hope he has a good game.

Is he one we are going to build with? Almost certainly not. Surely he will leave when his contract expires in summer. But in the meantime, I can not, will not, give anyone a kicking who pulls on that red shirt.

After the game by all means, critique the performance of all of them.

1 Like