Pre Match | Aston Villa vs. Liverpool | FA Cup Third Round | Friday January 8th 19:45h GMT | Villa Park

One that Grealish blatantly dived to get,not a dive tho obviously.

2 Likes

No serious injuries would be great. A win is a bonus.

2 Likes

As an experiment might I suggest that you deposit thousands of pounds into my bank account for a few weeks/months and I can tell you whwther I’m feeling any less tired. :wink:

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

:rofl:

Let me check how much I got :innocent:

1 Like

If we play our first 11 and get knocked out it would be terrible, I would start Kelleher, Neco, Rhys, Phillips, Milner, Ox, Thiago, Jones, Shaqiri, Origi, Minamino.

2 Likes

Like many, if we were cruising in the league I wouldn’t be bothered about this.
But now momentum is key.
If Hendo is more than an experiment at CB then leave him there for this.
Maybe with Williams and rest Fabinho.
Thiago, Jones and Milner in midfield.
Salah, Minamino and Mane up top.

A win here gives us a boost going into Utd game

3 Likes

I’d rest Trent for this because he did not look himself in the last game. I’d also go for a proper CB - preferably Williams.

There is a long break to the next game so we should go strong with this and see how it works out with a proper midfield - I’d go with Hendo, Gini and Thiago assuming all are fit.

2 Likes

Full strength because this team has show consistently that it thrives on games, not rest / changes.

2 Likes

Kelleher
N.Williams-N.Phillips-Fabinho-Milner
Thiago
Wijnaldum-Jones
Shaq-Salah-Minamino

Fabinho to be subbed off for Henderson. Mane and Firmino in reserve.

1 Like

Play the under 12s

3 Likes

Play the U8s after all.

1 Like

Play the players wives/girlfriends.

6 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Mmmmmmm!!! Well it had to happen.

Why isn’t football suspended yet? This is farcical.

6 Likes

As mentioned in FA thread, they need to forfeit, or we need to pull out. The fixture crunch is going to start hurting so don’t be apart of it. City, Man U, Tot, are all in this pileup situation, let them suffer while we have a more balanced fixture schedule.

The last thing we need is for players to start suffering due to fixture fatigue, and then start getting injured. We already have players like Matip and Keita that can even handle a regular one game a week schedule. We can also speculate that there are several players (taa, bobby, etc) that need a rest rather than partaking in the myth that more games will help their confidence.

We should also ban the intermingling of English leagues as they don’t have the testing structure PL teams have. Also bans also need to start being dished out to players that break the rules with blatant disregard (walker).

I don’t think the PL positive rates are that high since COVID protocols have been implemented. Yes, we have a spike now, and I think that’s more to do with stupidity and zero enforced punishment.

1 Like

George Sephton tweeted that the game was off and then deleted it.

I suppose Villa could just play their under 18s for this match but I personally think it would be highly unreasonable for the FA to make any team do that rather than reschedule.

1 Like