Pre Match | Aston Villa vs. Liverpool | FA Cup Third Round | Friday January 8th 19:45h GMT | Villa Park

Would be kind of ironic if they would now be the ones who are forced to play the kids in the cup against us.

5 Likes

@mattyhurst thought so

:grinning:

2 Likes

Why is there even an FA Cup, FFS?

If Villa aren’t willing to forfeit the tie, we should pull out. I wasn’t interested in this before Villa’s trouble. I’m even less interested if this game falls in the middle of later fixture congestion.

The football authorities need to drop this lunatic delusion that they can have a normal season.

6 Likes

Shocking. Grealish is in London partying with Barkley - and without masks - and a few weeks later a Covid outbreak in their camp.

Joyce says Keita won’t play.

1 Like

In fairness it is a luxury when he does.

1 Like

Null. And. Void.

3 Likes

As a wiser poster recently said, when did he get fit to get injured?

2 Likes

@Klopptimist has been hacked by @Mascot,clearly.

1 Like

Game is probably off for Covid and we’re still talking about Keita :grinning:

2 Likes

I said the other day when Derby were told to forfeit the game that if it happened to a Prem team then they will tweak it. Derby to their credit wanted to put some sort of team out so will play u/23s and U/18s.

Villa will have to do the same. Theres no room for this game to be moved to.

I say just suspend the season as this is getting ridiculous. No fans is bad enough but now its not even the real teams playing. Its a complete farce.

4 Likes

Yep. It’s completely disinteresting at the moment.

I was only half joking when I said this season should just be “last man standing”. In some ways it already is.

1 Like

They’ll get to 19 league games played, make sure that Man U are top and then declare those the final standings.

2 Likes

Not to piss on ones chips, but maybe a blessing.

3 Likes

More interesting than the early rounds of the FA Cup :wink:

It was romantic, maybe. Given the circumstances, it’s just a pain this season.

If only there was some sort of precedent where the FA would make one team field a team of under 18s to fulfill the fixture. Especially when it is circumstances out of their control.

Oh well, guess we will never know what it’s like to be put in that situation. Wait

8 Likes

:slight_smile: If only it was possible to like this twice!

I have no doubt if the shoe was on the other foot they’d make us play, but I have a strong feeling this one is cancelled.

Derby are being forced to play, so why not Villa? Unless like HometownZero says, being at home comes into play.

2 Likes

Which beggars the question
why was the shitty match cancelled?? As I said if you have 14 to 16 players on your books, who are registered, they can play
so why didn’t the shitty
oh cause they are shitty again money talks

6 Likes

What do Villa mean by a ‘significant outbreak’? Just say how many players and staff have tested positive FFS!

2 Likes

I think it means we dont want to play but dont want you to know the full extent.

3 Likes

Reports say it’s still on!!!

2 Likes