Pre Match | Aston Villa vs. Liverpool | FA Cup Third Round | Friday January 8th 19:45h GMT | Villa Park

For now.

There’s more chance of Mbappé being unveiled at Anfield by 19:45 tomorrow.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Along with Alaba :wink:

2 Likes

Sky Sports reporter saying an hour or so ago,that Villa’s youth/U23’s train in a different part of the training ground and could be used to make up a team for tomorrow nights FA Cup game and next weeks Prem game against Spurs (Covid test permitting).

3 Likes
3 Likes

Then we should play the first team, batter them 20-0 and celebrate like we’ve just won the World Cup.*

*that’s only relevant if we can actually shoot on goal.

5 Likes

…and also not straight at their keeper

3 Likes

Arguably, the funniest man to have ever lived.

2 Likes

Last time we hammered a team was palace and look :eyes: what happened since.

3 Likes

The FA and Aston Villa FC are working closely together to try to ensure that the club’s Third Round Proper fixture with Liverpool can go ahead as planned at Villa Park tomorrow evening.

Final confirmation will be made tomorrow pending the results of additional COVID-19 testing.

As much as I don’t think this game should go ahead, it is quite funny that they smashed the fuck out of our U23s team last season and celebrated every goal like it was the World Cup Final.

I think we may not go down the same route.

4 Likes

No matter if we play seniors or some of the kids. Their safety should be highest priority.

Villa players who in the last 10 days were in contact with those wo were now tested positive should not be allowed to start tomorrow.

If we do play, we should play a strong side and banter the cunts 10 nil, after their bullshit in the FA Cup last season.

Although I’d still be in favour of pulling out, if that’s what it takes to guarantee the safety of our players.

5 Likes
1 Like

Leyton Orient had yo forfeit there League Cup game against Spurs because of Rona cases.

I no longer dare have any expectations after the 3 last games. This is one of the coming games that will create expectations for me. If we lose and Villa are better than us, well okay, then my expectations will go in one direction. If we win and play better than Villa (for me, playing well is more important than actually winning this game), well then some expectations will be created in the “better” direction (though of course, this depends on the strength of the team we field)

But I am going to not try to predict this game. I have no clue what kind of Liverpool shows up and what kind of Villa shows up. I have only hope right now.

2 Likes

So they’re going to wait till the last minute… Will LFC be on there way(which will be a wasted journey) or at the ground (which will totally pee people off)… Another way of peeing LFC off.

Okay, maybe this game shouldn’t be one where I get new expectations then. If Villa fields kids, then it is hard to say how good we are (probably).

1 Like

I am inclined to agree, although I would maybe rest 1-3 of the players who have played the most, just to protect against muscle injuries.

1 Like