Pre Match | Aston Villa vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 4 | Sunday October 4th 19:15h | Villa Park

Hopefully this will be a lesson early on that will allow them to come back stronger. Better now then towards the end of the season if the title race is close. Plenty of games ahead for us! It happens to the best of teams. No one is invincible! Lots of hunger PL teams this year, it won’t be a cakewalk!

1 Like

Fabinho saved by milly

Ok waste 2 mins now.

Would be fuming if I was Salah and Robbo today. Completely let down by the rest of them.

1 Like

I know I repeat myself, but I am horrified not just because of the result, but for the fact that Aston Villa with luck could have had several more. Thankfully Milner saved us now.

1 Like

All this shit blaming the defenders it is 1st and foremost the system that has been exploited wonderfully, Gomez is off and we are still looking just as bad. When I mention system this is the pressing and high line, with no pressing the highline fails, that’s why Jurgen compliments the pressing so much when it works.

1 Like

I really don’t think Klopp is going to ‘rip em a new one’ as I don’t think this was caused by lack of effort. I think AV were were drilled, every ball that could fall for them has and I think we’ve been off the ball and a little bit unlucky.

If I was a betting man I can see AV being handily beaten against LC. That’s not with any bitterness to AV as they have without question deserved this, but if Villa let this get to their head and believe they will play like this every week they might get a rude surprise.

Gutted with the match. I kind of remember the city thrashing a couple of years ago having a knock on effect for several matches so I hope we can have a quick recovery.

To me this may be a positive in the long run. Ever since the end of last season (Even though we’ve had some results) we have been strolling around as if teams should bow down and give us the points.
If we are to be successful this year we need to get that team ethic back that we only will win as won. We had few injuries last year and lots of luck but now we need to to start getting nasty and show some balls again.
Tomorrow is another day.

2 Likes

Thanks for small mercies. We just beat Brazil in 2014 1-0.

It was on 90+2mins that Martin Atkinson looked at the clock, and the score, and realised it was finally safe to give us a free kick.

1 Like

He was very poor to be honest.

Blow the whiste

I wanna see Klopp keep these guys on the pitch after the game

Minamino hasn’t done much since coming on… Too early but I have said this before - he is a busy player with one touch play and may be playing with Thiago might help him a bit but he is nothing near special… Glad he cost only 8 million…

1 Like

It’s the kind of results which can unsettle a whole club. It wouldn’t surprise me if in a few years, we’ll talk about this game as the moment which ended our hugely dominant spell over these last two years.

Of course, warning signs have been there since a few months already.

1 Like

Thank fuck not 8

2 Likes

Bring the purple on back.

1 Like

Bring back Klavan, all is forgiven

Memorable for all the wrong reasons. Thank fuck for the whistle

1 Like